007 Revisted 06-13-2010

Weathergeek and Irish Hill made the trek from Frazier Park up to my place on Saturday afternoon. chopnwood and KMAFAB came overe and we had a nice little barbque, beer and those boys from so cal dipped into some scotch that they brought with them.
DSCN2807.jpg

DSCN2812.jpg

DSCN2813.jpg

Here is the geek at work
DSCN2808.jpg

chopnwood and Irish Hill chillin with a few cold brews on the back patio at my place
DSCN2809.jpg

Sunset at the casa de rack
DSCN2814.jpg

The plan was to revisit 007 and the site of the KTM fishing expedition Sunday morning. Here we are loaded up and ready to roll come sun up.
DSCN2815.jpg

DSCN2816.jpg

First pic of the day is yama_dawgg aka rack jr. He really wants to ride today!!
DSCN2819.jpg

Oopss forgot about my friend Clay he is the finance guy at Wilson's Motorcycles - Fresno, California Motorcycle Dealer, Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Triumph, KTM, Aprilia he is riding this KTM 300 XC that belongs to his boss. Just wait til you see some of the pics a little later :smirk::devil:
DSCN2820.jpg

Ah crap! I forgot onelugnut came up to ride Sunday morning too
DSCN2821.jpg

Irish Hill
DSCN2822.jpg

Weathergeek
DSCN2823.jpg

The geek and chopnwood. chopnwood ran sweeper all day. Thanks John:thumb:
DSCN2824.jpg

Heading up a little rock section. The pics just don't do it justice.

rack jr, followed by onelugnut, weathergeek, Clay, and Irish Hill
DSCN2825.jpg

DSCN2826.jpg

DSCN2827.jpg

DSCN2828.jpg

Here is a group photo. This is when everyone gathered to watch me dust off as I had just gone over the handlebars :foul: Onelugnut was leading and I was on his back tire when he decide to stop. I guess there was a reason i was gaining on him so quickly! Good thing I was the only one with a camera or there would have been a dirt nap pic of me:P.
DSCN2830.jpg

I am sure some of you would like to see some carnage so stand by :smirk::smirk:

This is a tough right hand turn up and over some rocks. Onelugnet clearing no problem with KMAFAB in the background
DSCN2831.jpg

KMAFAB, yama_dawwg, Clay clearing it no problem
DSCN2832.jpg

weathergeek took a differnt line and had a little trouble. The ground jumped out from underneath him :smirk:
DSCN2835.jpg

DSCN2836.jpg

DSCN2837.jpg

Irish Hill - Up, up and away he goes.
DSCN2838.jpg

chopnwood clearing it
DSCN2839.jpg

Clay waiting for the group to catch up
DSCN2840.jpg

KMAFAB followed by yama_dawwg
DSCN2841.jpg

theres my boy on his new steed!
DSCN2842.jpg

the geek! Are we there yet :noidea:
DSCN2843.jpg

Irish Hill and chopnwood
DSCN2844.jpg

onelugnut making his way toward the infamous waterfall. Followed by Clay, weathergeek,
DSCN2845.jpg

DSCN2846.jpg

DSCN2847.jpg

We arrive at the site of the 007 extraction ride......

KMAFAB who pulled Mike in Fresno's bike out of the drink with weathergeek and irish hill
DSCN2848.jpg

The water level has dropped a good 12 inches since the previous week. But, there was no way I was going to attempt to cross here again. The water level is going to have to be gone for me to give it a go..........
DSCN2849.jpg

So we headed up stream on the south side of the water to look for a safer crossing. :banghead: Why didn't we just back track like I had planned and bypass the damn water :noidea:

KMAFAB entering into one of the meadows that we skirt to get further upstream.
DSCN2850.jpg

Clay
DSCN2851.jpg

rack jr and lugnut
DSCN2852.jpg

a pic looking where we are headed
DSCN2853.jpg

Here comes the geek and irish hill
DSCN2854.jpg

chopnwood
DSCN2855.jpg

stand by this next set is where things start to get a little interesting.

No why didn't we just back track and avoid the water :noidea: My wife tells me my judgement has been lacking lately :smirk:

So Clay volunteers to go first. You can see him roosting away. He gets to the other side and drowns the bike but at least he made it :foul: i am waiting for him then it's my turn.
DSCN2856.jpg

DSCN2857.jpg

I make it across and now KMAFAB and my son are next. Unfortunatley my son does not wait for KMAFAB and follows him right into the water. On the far side is a deep hole about 3.5' deep and guess what JR dumps it!!! :censored:
DSCN2858.jpg

DSCN2859.jpg

DSCN2860.jpg

If you look close he is sunk, done, overboard, send out the swimmers!!!! So we get him out of the water open up the airbox and get teh fish out.
DSCN2861.jpg

DSCN2862.jpg

In the meantime chopnwood decides to take the deep route
DSCN2863.jpg

Once we get to the other side we need to dry out a KTM 300 and a Water_dawwg WR 250 :banghead:

After about 45 minutes we were ready to roll :banana:
DSCN2866.jpg

DSCN2867.jpg

DSCN2868.jpg

stand by more to follow

yama_dawgg heading up the granite
DSCN2869.jpg

weaterhgeek
DSCN2870.jpg

DSCN2871.jpg

Irish Hill
DSCN2872.jpg

chopnwood
DSCN2874.jpg

lugnut
DSCN2875.jpg

geek
DSCN2876.jpg

hill
DSCN2877.jpg

wood
DSCN2878.jpg

here we are heade through an off camber left rock turn
DSCN2879.jpg

DSCN2880.jpg

DSCN2881.jpg

DSCN2882.jpg

We are headed to Shuteye peak or at least as far as we can get. At 6700 feet we run into snow. time to turn back and head to gaggs and whiskey
DSCN2883.jpg

Break time. weathergeek needs to call home. his business was vandalized while he was driniking scotch and drunk dialing james
DSCN2884.jpg

DSCN2885.jpg

DSCN2886.jpg

While crossing Gaggs we had to get out weathergeeks tow strap to get over some of the snow banks
DSCN2887.jpg

woops who is that :noidea: its water dawgg falling over and knocking onelugnut over in the process :banghead:
DSCN2889.jpg

DSCN2890.jpg

time for a couple of group photos and hit the trail back to the trucks
DSCN2891.jpg

irish hill on the way back down the trail
DSCN2892.jpg

geek
DSCN2893.jpg

wood
DSCN2894.jpg

Clay trying ot blaxe over the snow bank going downhill. This is the bank that we had a hard time getting over going up hill
DSCN2895.jpg

uh can you say SNOW NAP :smirk:
DSCN2896.jpg

geek
DSCN2898.jpg

uh oh
DSCN2899.jpg

can you say :snore:
DSCN2900.jpg

DSCN2901.jpg

DSCN2902.jpg

DSCN2903.jpg

chopnwood almost went over but saved it at the last second
DSCN2904.jpg

From here we hauled ass back to the trucks.

here is KMAFAB he's a little tired at this point. we bypassed the creek/river and meaneder through the woods by an abandon cabin
DSCN2905.jpg

DSCN2906.jpg

DSCN2907.jpg

We get back to a tricky little rock section and Clay gets ahold of a little too much throttle on the 300 and loops out :smirk:
DSCN2908.jpg

DSCN2909.jpg

uh oh how's he gonna splain this to his boss :noidea:
DSCN2911.jpg

weathergeeks legs just arent long enough. irish hill to the rescue!!!
DSCN2910.jpg

onelugnut giving us a lesson on how to clear a rock section through the manzanita
DSCN2912.jpg

DSCN2913.jpg

KMAFAB and water dawgg for the last pic of the day!!!
DSCN2914.jpg

Good times :cheers: Thanks to the following addicts for a great day riding fun.

chopnwood
weathergeek
irish hill
onelugnut
kmafab
yama_dawgg aka rack jr
Clay

Many thanks to everyone for the days events! We shall do it again soon!
:ride: