Need help finding new bike!

Just ask if the motor and suspension has had any work, if he has any receipts to show for it, I've got an 05 RM, which I feel is the funnest bike I've owned, but like I said before, the YZ is a great choice also, my personal preference lies with the Zook though. But while either choice would be a good one, you need to decide if you want The YZ that's maybe not as good as what the RM was built for(track) but may be more versatile, or the RM which is a suited for a more aggressive riding style, don't get me wrong, I trail ride the RM and it's ok, just can be a handful sometimes. As long as both bikes are in good shape, don't think you can go wrong here.
Thank you so much, really appreciate it.

SRAD97750

Staff member
They are all great for what you're after. I would go with what is newer.

Remember,
In your state, since 2010, you are required to title and register this bike. A 'Bill of sale only' can cause troubles at the dmv. Good luck, let us know what you get! -BIG DAN:thumb:

Late to the party but I'll give you my opinion. YZ all the way..... and go 2002 up. 02-04 steel frame, more flex, 05 first year of aluminum frame and more ridged. all the plastics, tanks, motors are the same with minor variations to motor. Suspension just kept getting better through the years. I have 3 02 YZ's, mine and my two sons, and an 05 as well, couldn't pass up on the price for how clean it was. So if you are going 2smoke, the YZ with a 9-13 oz flywheel weight will tame it a little and they make excellent woods, desert or track bikes no matter how you slice it. So Y did they keep the same style with minor variations??? Because theZ that good.

https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/content/threads/y-z-250-is-the-best-all-around-bike.6811/

Late to the party but I'll give you my opinion. YZ all the way..... and go 2002 up. 02-04 steel frame, more flex, 05 first year of aluminum frame and more ridged. all the plastics, tanks, motors are the same with minor variations to motor. Suspension just kept getting better through the years. I have 3 02 YZ's, mine and my two sons, and an 05 as well, couldn't pass up on the price for how clean it was. So if you are going 2smoke, the YZ with a 9-13 oz flywheel weight will tame it a little and they make excellent woods, desert or track bikes no matter how you slice it. So Y did they keep the same style with minor variations??? Because theZ that good.

https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/content/threads/y-z-250-is-the-best-all-around-bike.6811/
Awesome, thanks so much for the reply. Unfortunately the YZ is '00.

Just because you say and/or did add all that to the 00 it is becoming an "OLD BIKE". If you can buy a 2002 and parts up to 2014 still interchange, you tell me, what's a better deal?

Sorry, what?

He said NO to your question, Is the 00 a better go? NO, it is not a better go, it's an older bike becoming older by the hour, week, month, year.... Etc.

I would get the RM then between the two you are horny over.

Last edited:
He said NO to your question, Is the 00 a better go? NO, it is not a better go, it's an older bike becoming older by the hour, week, month, year.... Etc.

I would get the RM then between the two you are horny over.
I'm not horny between them, they just fit the budget. What would you suggest? The '07 YZ 250 or the '04 RM 250?