93 RM250 Complete Rebuild

Pulled my head studs today. I could not do it by double nutting. Not even after putting the cylinder in the oven and heating it to 220. So I used a stud puller and they came out pretty easy. Should I use loctite on the studs when I re-install them?

Pulled my head studs today. I could not do it by double nutting. Not even after putting the cylinder in the oven and heating it to 220. So I used a stud puller and they came out pretty easy. Should I use loctite on the studs when I re-install them?

No.....they only need to be snugged down when installed in the cylinder.

Cool thanks.

How do you guys feel about ATF in the crank case? I have seen positive results In the short run. I dont know how it does in the long run though?

Cool thanks.

How do you guys feel about ATF in the crank case? I have seen positive results In the short run. I dont know how it does in the long run though?
If you like ATF in the transmission, then run it without worries, it lubricates just as well as motor oil, basically it boils down to personal preference.

I think I will use some type F in mine. I use Redline Racing oil in my gas. Is there any oil superior to otheres?
I've stated this before in other threads, but I use low dollar oil, reason being, I change it probably every 5 hours or so, because of all the wet stuff I ride in. Any oil works well in that case.

I've stated this before in other threads, but I use low dollar oil, reason being, I change it probably every 5 hours or so, because of all the wet stuff I ride in. Any oil works well in that case.

Oops, sorry I was talking about 2 stroke oil not crank case oil.

I'm going to order my cylinder as soon as my check goes through. I will call to check on my crank too. Are there any major tips when putting these Suzukis back together?

Got my Cylinder sent off this morning. The guy I have doing my crank managed to lose one of the washers. No big deal I got 2 oem for $15, and it's a lot better than paying the local motorcycle shop $100+ to do the work.
Ordered new circlips for everything, new head studs, and had to get a o-ring for the water pump cover because moose doesn't include that with their "complete gasket, o-ring, and seal kit" it chaps my ass when they say a complete kit yet it's missing important O-rings. Most definitely leaving negative feedback!

I'm thinking about painting my motor all black, maybe with a metallic flake or luster and buying all new red plastics. Or, should I go classic Suzuki and get yellow plastics and paint the motor blue? I need some input on a good color scheme, I want something different that will pop! The stock white plastics, gray frame, and bare motor is lame! Oh I'm also going to polish out my clutch cover and flywheel cover to give it a little bling.

I also want to get a bolt kit and replace all of the body screws and bolts. Where would be the best place to buy a bolt kit?

Once I get my crank I will start finishing up the bottom end. I'm going to strip the bike of everything else and lube everything up, Give the frame a good massage with rubbing compound and wax, clean up the swing arm, radiator, and wheels. I'm going to have this bike turning heads pretty soon!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Most definitely leaving negative feedback!
WHOA WHOA WHOA!
Leaving negative feedback only burns yourself! On ebay YOU have rights to getting what you asked for. Exactly.
If not, they have to work out a deal where you are happy! Ebay will refund your entire purchase price if you really aren't happy!

Seriously, ask for compensation or a refund before ruining your chances at recovering ANY loss. -BIG DAN :thumb:

Last edited:
Today I got everything pulled off of the frame. Someone pained some red on it at one point. I think I'm going to go black on the plastics, red on the frame, and metallic black on the motor. For painting the frame I'm just going to hit It with multiple coats of primer multiple coats of red and multiple coats of clear. Same idea on the motor, but with 500 degree engine enamel. I'm leaving the wheels, swingarm, and everything else that's aluminum with just a brushed aluminum look. I am still waiting on my Cylinder and my Crank.

My garage is a mess with dirt bike parts...

Attachments

• 20140721_214756.jpg
    20140721_214756.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 6