93 RM250 Complete Rebuild

I think I'm going to go with U.S. Chrome. I'm not sure when I will be able to send it out, probably next week when I get paid. Cost $189 + shipping. I told them stock bore size, I hope I don't have to worry about them messing that up. Does that ever happen? I want my piston/rings to fit right, seems like and important factor lol.

I think I'm going to go with U.S. Chrome. I'm not sure when I will be able to send it out, probably next week when I get paid. Cost $189 + shipping. I told them stock bore size, I hope I don't have to worry about them messing that up. Does that ever happen? I want my piston/rings to fit right, seems like and important factor lol.
im sure they can get it to stock bore.....if they didnt tell you, remember to remove anything thats not part of the cylinder casting,like any vents,studs, etc....otherwise theyll charge you extra.but its probably better to replate it, now youll know that your starting with a good cylinder, instead of guessing the history of it.

Yep I have to remove my studs, but that will be easy. Yeah it will be a good feeling knowing it's in tip top shape.

Studs vents, old gasket material and powervlve assembly. Also uppon return inspect the ports for flaws and chips in the nikasil. Before assembly be sure to check your ring end gap as many many people forget to do so and end up cold siezing their cylinder. They also forget to check their power valve for clearance. All of these end up in the person blaming us chrome, wiseco or their premix oil brand and never taking the blame themselves. Manuals are your friend as well as feeler gauges and micrometers.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Typically a plating company wants your new piston as well to make a custom fit for you.
If they don't ask for it, take your business elsewhere. No need for them to guess.

I have had my new piston sent in with every cylinder I've had plated, the clearances have always been spot on.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Typically a plating company wants your new piston as well to make a custom fit for you.
If they don't ask for it, take your business elsewhere. No need for them to guess.

I have had my new piston sent in with every cylinder I've had plated, the clearances have always been spot on.

Yes!!! That much is true and I agree with Srad. :thumb: They will set the bore for whatever piston you provide or they set it for OEM specs upon your request.
I always do oem. Others send in pistons. Choose your koolaid. :hifive:

Everything on the head is already removed but the studs. I told them oem specs, but I will send the piston in too. Do they need the rings too? Or just a piston? Big Dan, where do you send your pistons? I'd like to send it to a place where I can get direct feedback from people.

I will definitely check my clearances. With a micrometer and feeler gages.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I am looking for my receipts... I swear I dropped them off in person here in southern california, and picked them up 2 weeks later. I did it on few occasions... each time I paid north of $200...

Millennium Technologies is extremely experienced.
http://www.mt-llc.com/cylservice.php

Last edited:
I just checked out Millennium Technologies Cylinder Exchange. My cylinder is in great shape, just needs replating. They have a Cylinder for a 94 rm 250 in stock. I'm going to go ahead and buy it. The 94 cylinder will bolt on the the 93 bottom end correct?

Next week I'm going buy the cylinder for the 94. All I need is my crank and a couple small things to start putting it back together. I'm excited to get this thing running again!

Oh, I bought a dingleball hone for $40 off of rocky mountain at and I don't need it. It's 65-67mm, unopened and made in usa. I'll sell it for $30+ shipping if anyone needs one!