Other YZ426 Build

PILE O' PARTS :jawdrop::eek: ( my cyl head is in the mobil 1 box, lol)
SSPX7487.jpg

clutch basket and engine covers, tranny gears and nuts/bolts
SSPX7489.jpg

the night i got it, filthy and 100% apart, paid $400 tittle in handSSPX7490.jpg

I ground all the rust off useing a power drill and a small wire wheel, took me two weeks but i got every spec, hourssss of labor.

SSPX7576.jpg

so many late nights grinding rust off the frame....
SSPX7598.jpg

Primer

SSPX7634.jpg

Smooth glossy finish, 4 cans of primer 3 cans of color and 3 1/2 cans of clear

SSPX7718.jpgSSPX7731.jpg

Ready to go another decade! :ride: looks new

SSPX7732.jpg
SSPX7771.jpgSSPX7773.jpg0910131744.jpg0913215642.jpg

this is actaully the best pic i have of the frame after being painted, being assembled. looks great! this was the night i dropped in the engine for the first time, historic night for me :ride:
0917234331.jpg

i was still far from my goal but i threw on all the plastics to see what she would look like, also i painted the rear side panels, took alot of planning for the color scheme

0918012017.jpg

this is her witht he engine finally mounted inside, you have no idea how happy i was that night taking this pic! :P

And Finally. 90 - 100% current 0313001818.jpg0313001926.jpg1110223538.jpg1123132711.jpg1123160615.jpgIMG_2516.JPGIMG_2612.JPGIMG_2615.JPGIMG_2622.JPGIMG_2698.JPGIMG_2706.JPGIMG_2708.JPG

TADA!!!!! :smirk::banana::cheers::busted::crazy: This ting is my Pride n joy, I poured my heart, soul, time, love, and $$$ into it, I absalutely love how it turned out, this entire build cost me $1,867.84 (US)
(includeing the purches of the bike its self, so 400 for the bike, and 1,467.84 in rebuild/mods ) :D
But most of all, the Experience and Knowledge i gained is Priceless.

I have to give big props to my friends who helped me w/ this build once again,

Kyle (Bobkyle2) Thanks for being there and helping me trough the incredible messes i got my self into bro, really aprecheate it.

Em, (Emily) Thank you for telling me that the weep hole is ment to be there before i JB welded it shut... LOL and all the help/ideas u gave me.

Brandon, (Rm125Dude) Same for you bro, Thanks for the time and help u gave me during this build,

Well, There it is!, now what do u think? :ride:

(the thread is blown up w/ pics... opps, im sorry but when the project is this big i couldnt narrow it down, wanted to show how much has really been done so u can appreciate it.. but really this isnt even the half of the stuff i did to it however i think u get the point lol. :banana: :ride:)

Here is the vid of me starting the bike and walk around/rev, the bike was cold and on choke, this vid is a month or two old. so the carb wasnt adjusted its idleing high and on choke, it sounds much better currntly then in the vid, ALSO the only other differnce from the video is that i didnt have my sunline shift lever, zeta racing engine plugs or painted the chain guard, wich as u can see from pics is more current.

That rebuild should be in its on thread as people won't look for it in here. Care if I move it for you?

BTW to multi-quote, click the reply w/quote button for all the posts you want, it'll keep adding them to the editor.

Thanks, sorry i didnt mean to blow up the page, i just couldnt narrow down the pics...way to big of a project to minimize... can u move all the posts w/ the pictures and the video post? Thanks for the help! and for the tip on multi quote. (sorry im still kinda new to forums)

James

Staff member
Thanks, sorry i didnt mean to blow up the page, i just couldnt narrow down the pics...way to big of a project to minimize... can u move all the posts w/ the pictures and the video post? Thanks for the help! and for the tip on multi quote. (sorry im still kinda new to forums)
Hey don't apologize for posting pictures, we're just looking out for you. Not everyone looks at the new member threads, in here it'll get you more views/replies. :thumb:

Hey don't apologize for posting pictures, we're just looking out for you. Not everyone looks at the new member threads, in here it'll get you more views/replies. :thumb:

Your right, I didn't think of that. Thanks again! :ride: In that case, more pics will be on the way! :rocker:

that may be a yz426 but it has a wr426 tank and seat on it. I have the proper yzf tank if you want it.
the wr tank and seat give the bike a really funky ergo on the 99-02 wr's.