Other YZ426 Build

yeah i wanted to prerunner mine but my 2.3 already struggles to push it around and i also live in ohio so there is not alot of dunes to play in :smirk:

If you have a 2.3 that's prime for pre running! :wink: I-beam set ups are nice. I'm assuming u have a 95 - 97? My gold one was a 2.3L 4 cyl 5 speed manual, 1996, I-beams. It had a full 4inch lift all around by rough country, and rode excelant, rocking the 31x10.5/15 BFG AT. It was nice but needed some engine work, I sware that motor was so sluggish, also the rear diff needed to be regeared BAD that engine was dieing under the size of the 31s.

The red one is a 1999 2.5L 4 cyl 5 speed manual, with a new stage 1 clutch, strong motor, good tight trans, tube bumpers front and rear, hella lights, nice rims, skid plates front/rear, tow hitch, the upper and lower a arms are cut and extended about 6 inches each side, the spindles have Hime joints, fiberglass fenders and hood, optima battery, FOA 2.0 resivor shocks up front and the bed cage with fox 2.0 resivors in the back. rear end was regeared to 3.83 gearing and is running almost new 30x9.5/15 BFG ATs and with the gearing I can spin tire like nothing it rips in torque I have to try to not spin tire lol. I love it very fun zippy and offroad a like a champ!

Even if you don't have dunes I take this thing out to mojave and horse around :) I've learned my lesion with trucks though... After rolling the gold one I just like to romp and stuff... No jumping...ever again. I'm sticking to my bike lol.

Got any pics of your ranger?

Welcome back Spartan. I see by the TRE stickers on the back window of you truck and front fender of your bike, you are close to or live in the Windy Valley (Simi)?

Welcome back Spartan. I see by the TRE stickers on the back window of you truck and front fender of your bike, you are close to or live in the Windy Valley (Simi)?

Good eye! yeah I'm pretty close by, I'm in the sanfernando valley. down by the 101 freeway, Woodland Hills is my city. You live around here too I'm guessing?

I LOVE TRE! they have done wonders in helping me with this entire build. Every part (accept maybe 3 or 5) were bought from them and they always had great prices and helped me out a lot with getting me out of jams and even teaching me a bit.

yeah, its not anything specail though, i already geared to 3.73 with my new tires and it still is sluggish as hell, i like to be able to actually do the speed limit on the highway and that dosen't always happen

Here is some in its prerunner stance :lol:
securedownload-5-jpg.16204

securedownload-4-jpg.16203
securedownload-jpg.14872

Here is some with it cleaned up:
dsc00554-jpg.15741
dsc00534-jpg.15611

yeah, its not anything specail though, i already geared to 3.73 with my new tires and it still is sluggish as hell, i like to be able to actually do the speed limit on the highway and that dosen't always happen

securedownload-jpg.14872

dsc00554-jpg.15741
dsc00534-jpg.15611

paint your front bumper

securedownload-jpg.14872

dsc00554-jpg.15741
dsc00534-jpg.15611

Very nice man it's pretty clean, u really fill it full of stuff quiet abit lol the 2.3 isn't good for hauling but it was a fun little truck, I wonder if all 2.3s are just sluggish. My 2.5 is sooooo much more responsive then my 2.3 ever was, I always wondered if it was my motor or if it was all 2.3s, hmmm.

I like its "pre runner stance " :wink: lol. It looks like U got a lift on there, what size tire and lift?

Good eye! yeah I'm pretty close by, I'm in the sanfernando valley. down by the 101 freeway, Woodland Hills is my city. You live around here too I'm guessing?

I LOVE TRE! they have done wonders in helping me with this entire build. Every part (accept maybe 3 or 5) were bought from them and they always had great prices and helped me out a lot with getting me out of jams and even teaching me a bit.
:thumb: I live down the street from TRE. Lets just say I know the owner pretty well and we go way back.

Great shop and good prices like you said. I buy from there often as well

:thumb: I live down the street from TRE. Lets just say I know the owner pretty well and we go way back.

Great shop and good prices like you said. I buy from there often as well

That's awesome! Wishes I lived that close to them lol. I have GMO, cycle gear, Moto X depot, and motohelp out here but I always make the drive just to go to TRE :)

Me and a couple friends are actually planning a camping/riding trip at Gorman before school starts up here at pierce (the 26th) so in the next 12 days or so. We havnt established a date yet but should know in the next day or two.

When I find out the dates I can let you know and if your interested and can make it camping or even just a day your more then welcome to come along.

That's awesome! Wishes I lived that close to them lol. I have GMO, cycle gear, Moto X depot, and motohelp out here but I always make the drive just to go to TRE :)

Me and a couple friends are actually planning a camping/riding trip at Gorman before school starts up here at pierce (the 26th) so in the next 12 days or so. We havnt established a date yet but should know in the next day or two.

When I find out the dates I can let you know and if your interested and can make it camping or even just a day your more then welcome to come along.

Sweet, Let me know. I have a full schedule, but might be able to sneak out for a few hours on a Saturday.

Very nice man it's pretty clean, u really fill it full of stuff quiet abit lol the 2.3 isn't good for hauling but it was a fun little truck, I wonder if all 2.3s are just sluggish. My 2.5 is sooooo much more responsive then my 2.3 ever was, I always wondered if it was my motor or if it was all 2.3s, hmmm.

I like its "pre runner stance " :wink: lol. It looks like U got a lift on there, what size tire and lift?
Thats why they call it a truck :wink: And its stock height with 29" i believe, i forget the actual number

Thats why they call it a truck :wink: And its stock height with 29" i believe, i forget the actual number

That's cool I'm surprised it looks like it's got a kit :) u should look up the rough country kit it's a 4" lift kit front and rear for I-beam rangers it's around $460 comes with all the shocks and everything u need, if u look at my gold ranger that's when I had the kit on there with my 31" tires.

Either way. Ranger pride! :wink: lol