Why do you ride?

I worry just as much as you.

I love, love, love being on my bike however it depends on the terrain, speed, and length of time in the saddle that tend to get to me. The one long ride we went on last year with TIMO and a few others wound up being 150 miles that I'd never thought I'd do, damn glad I did but not sure I'd ever do again. I spent a lot of energy starting my bike (Left side kick) when it stalled so I was tired halfway though... which made the tough sections even tougher (sand mixed with slow speeds requiring a lot of balance and/or dabbing.) Then hauling ass down a "fire road" only to come to a road crossing making me slam on the skids (too late) saved it but that little bit of angst used up a lot of energy, then just trying to go a little faster knowiing the other guys were way out front and I didn't want them having to wait too long..................once they stopped.... of WHICH once i caught up they'd take off :foul: except for the 1 stop next to the shack out in the middle of BFE... I got to catch my breath, the rest of the ride was mainly powerline roads all the way back. Like I said, If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for the magic button on my bike. :smirk:.... :thumb:

I love, love, love being on my bike however it depends on the terrain, speed, and length of time in the saddle that tend to get to me. The one long ride we went on last year with TIMO and a few others wound up being 150 miles that I'd never thought I'd do, damn glad I did but not sure I'd ever do again. I spent a lot of energy starting my bike (Left side kick) when it stalled so I was tired halfway though... which made the tough sections even tougher (sand mixed with slow speeds requiring a lot of balance and/or dabbing.) Then hauling ass down a "fire road" only to come to a road crossing making me slam on the skids (too late) saved it but that little bit of angst used up a lot of energy, then just trying to go a little faster knowiing the other guys were way out front and I didn't want them having to wait too long..................once they stopped.... of WHICH once i caught up they'd take off :foul: except for the 1 stop next to the shack out in the middle of BFE... I got to catch my breath, the rest of the ride was mainly powerline roads all the way back. Like I said, If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for the magic button on my bike. :smirk:.... :thumb:

Your post sounds exactly like something I would type. :thumb: Kick starting a bike does get you tired. Especially if your laying it down a lot and its flooded and its hot and your tired and your all out of water from your hydration pack and your getting tired from picking it up a lot and the bike feels like it ways 500 lbs and your still super far away from the trucks and and and........wait....I'm just talking about memories now. hahahaha

That's why I went with a magic button. Oh boy does it feel great.:smirk:

Your post sounds exactly like something I would type. :thumb: Kick starting a bike does get you tired. Especially if your laying it down a lot and its flooded and its hot and your tired and your all out of water from your hydration pack and your getting tired from picking it up a lot and the bike feels like it ways 500 lbs and your still super far away from the trucks and and and........wait....I'm just talking about memories now. hahahaha

That's why I went with a magic button. Oh boy does it feel great.:smirk:

My new bike has the magic button, wouldn't trade it for the world. When I ride and probably because I don't ride often enough I get the wobbly knees... I will admit I ndon't and never did lay it down much except for the trip up to LPNF when I was breaking in my bike and having never ridden switchbacks before... never thought it would be an issue however my wobbly knees, new bike (seems taller), top heavy with my water pack and tools made it hell. I never made it to the top, I was worn out.

I'll take flat land... ok flatISH land! :thumb:

My new bike has the magic button, wouldn't trade it for the world. When I ride and probably because I don't ride often enough I get the wobbly knees... I will admit I ndon't and never did lay it down much except for the trip up to LPNF when I was breaking in my bike and having never ridden switchbacks before... never thought it would be an issue however my wobbly knees, new bike (seems taller), top heavy with my water pack and tools made it hell. I never made it to the top, I was worn out.

Sounds good to me also. lol But I do enjoy so nice hills here and there.

:devil:
Rez Wash.jpg