Why do you ride?

So tonight i was thinking about why i really like to ride, so i figured i would start a thread so everyone can tell why they truly love riding!!!

Why i love riding:

The reason i ride is because, when i am on the bike riding in the desert going as fast as I can it makes me feel like i am running away from everything and leaving it behind me. Its just me, the environment, and my bike. Nothing else in the world matters...

looking forward to hearing why you guys like to ride :ride:

I'd say that's a pretty good summation.

Descartes wrote "cognito ergo sum" or "I think therefor I am." I go with "I ride therefore I am."

Some people confuse dreams and reality. Reality is what happens while I'm riding. Dreams (nightmares?) are the rest of the time. I seem to have this recurring dream where I'm sitting in a cubicle. What's up with that?

The first reason it just how fun it is to ride. Especially overcoming a big obstacle in the woods or hitting a berm before a double just right on a track, there is nothing like that rush. Secondly as it has already been said, there is not a thought on your mind when your on the bike besides which lines to take and if you have enough speed for this or that etc.....Its nothing but you, the bike, and mother nature's soft soil or hard roots and beautiful scenes (depending on if your track or trail)

I ride to have fun, to get out of my normal everyday life. It gets boring doing the same things day in and day out. It relaxes me, and re-energizes me to motivates me to get through my week, or weeks.

re-energizes

Really? It wears me the fuck out.

Just like snowboarding, it let's me forget about my responsibilities for x amount of time. It requires so much focus I can't think about anything else. That and its just fun to roost the shit out of my friends and pop a wheelies.

This may sound funny, goofy, crazy, odd however maybe you just have to know me to understand.... I like riding because I'm outside, at 1 with nature, , kind of like a cowboy... A cowboy's lifestyle is to be outdoors, with nature, the environment exploring, etc. I didn't think this way when I was younger (much younger :smirk: ) as it was my hobbie and riding with friends is what I enjoyed. Yes we went to the local parks however they slowly but surely closed down which directed us to the desert where speed and conquering things were my favorites... not anymore. Just being out for the ride is my enjoyment. I can't keep up with most of the riders I go with although I try my best. I fear crashing and getting hurt becoming a burdon both my physical being as well as mechanically (getting both of us back to the truck). This limits me on some of these rides but I can't wait to read about them especially in the areas I am most familiar with to see where they rode, what they saw, how it went, etc.... I not only ride the desert because it's mainly the only thig available (now) but, it's not man made, it's THERE, it exists, does anyone know what's on the other side? Everytime we drive through the desert I imagine being out there riding.....

I know a little deep however you asked and thsi is why I ride.

Really? It wears me the fuck out.

Just like snowboarding, it let's me forget about my responsibilities for x amount of time. It requires so much focus I can't think about anything else. That and its just fun to roost the shit out of my friends and pop a wheelies.
Yeah! of course I'm tired when I'm done, and sometimes sore the next day, but after that im ready to ride again!

This may sound funny, goofy, crazy, odd however maybe you just have to know me to understand.... I like riding because I'm outside, at 1 with nature, , kind of like a cowboy... A cowboy's lifestyle is to be outdoors, with nature, the environment exploring, etc. I didn't think this way when I was younger (much younger :smirk: ) as it was my hobbie and riding with friends is what I enjoyed. Yes we went to the local parks however they slowly but surely closed down which directed us to the desert where speed and conquering things were my favorites... not anymore. Just being out for the ride is my enjoyment. I can't keep up with most of the riders I go with although I try my best. I fear crashing and getting hurt becoming a burdon both my physical being as well as mechanically (getting both of us back to the truck). This limits me on some of these rides but I can't wait to read about them especially in the areas I am most familiar with to see where they rode, what they saw, how it went, etc.... I not only ride the desert because it's mainly the only thig available (now) but, it's not man made, it's THERE, it exists, does anyone know what's on the other side? Everytime we drive through the desert I imagine being out there riding.....

I know a little deep however you asked and thsi is why I ride.
Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth, keyboard, whatever. I feel this same way when I ride my Harley or take my Jeep up in the mountains or out on trails. I love the outdoors in every way.