What you think of this deal!

Not worth it man, that single cam PO450S (if ya know what I mean) will break down on you so fast you won't even have time to put your boots on. Upgrade to a Yamaha 450 since you are used to the yami's already.

Basically right now, i am going to get what ever is the best deal at the time. but really when it comes to reliability, I check valves every few rides and willing to do all the work needed to keep the bike maintained. For me comfortably is the KEY. If you are not comfortable on a bike you are going to end up getting hurt.

Yea I see what you mean and totally agree with your statement about being comfortable on a bike. Not only does it help increase safety but it def. increases enjoyment and confidence. That's why I now tell new riders I'm helping learn that they'll have a blast riding a smaller slower bike fast then a bigger faster bike slow. But having a reliable bike to me not only makes the bike comfortable it makes it comforting. Above all, ride what YOU want. Don't let the internet sway your decision. I'm still looking for a HONDA CRF230L regardless of what I've read on the internet.

BUT IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY....above all else...

ride ORANGE! :P

Yea I see what you mean and totally agree with your statement about being comfortable on a bike. Not only does it help increase safety but it def. increases enjoyment and confidence. That's why I now tell new riders I'm helping learn that they'll have a blast riding a smaller slower bike fast then a bigger faster bike slow. But having a reliable bike to me not only makes the bike comfortable it makes it comforting. Above all, ride what YOU want. Don't let the internet sway your decision. I'm still looking for a HONDA CRF230L regardless of what I've read on the internet.

BUT IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY....above all else...

ride ORANGE! :P

Agreed! haha I like orange but expensive! But yeah, I am also the type that does not believe one bike brand is better then the other when it comes to reliability! If you follow maintenance like you really should be then no bike will ever really fail you! (Yes there will be times when the bike with take a shit on you, but same with every other bike) Dirt bikes are not a "just change the oil" type of bike. They are high performance engines and need more then a oil change, such as valve clearance check every rides (depending on how hard you ride) etc. I just hate when people start a debate based on there opinion, NO ONE CAN EVER WIN lol but that is my opinion and nothing more, so why debate it? :)

Okay I am done haha :) I WILL BE BACK WHEN I FIND ANOTHER BIKE TO GO LOOK AT :)

Agreed! haha I like orange but expensive! But yeah, I am also the type that does not believe one bike brand is better then the other when it comes to reliability! If you follow maintenance like you really should be then no bike will ever really fail you! (Yes there will be times when the bike with take a shit on you, but same with every other bike) Dirt bikes are not a "just change the oil" type of bike. They are high performance engines and need more then a oil change, such as valve clearance check every rides (depending on how hard you ride) etc. I just hate when people start a debate based on there opinion, NO ONE CAN EVER WIN lol but that is my opinion and nothing more, so why debate it? :)

I don't ride hard.... :devil:

Wr450 might be a better choice. Starting in 05 I believe they were green stickered.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.:hyper: Of course, I loved my '04 CRF450R also, and my '74 XR75, and my '77 RM125, and my '79 Husky CR250, and my...hmmmmm, never had a green bike or an orange bike.

I am SOOOO sticking with the KX500!
Cheap rebuilds, plenty of power, handles better, lighter bike (I thinK) and did I mention its a 2T.
Thats right mix some castor oil with some race gas and you have some Motofreak nose candy......
:ride: :ride: :ride:

There are a number of reasons people do this...
1) It makes them feel better because THEY went a certain direction and think others should too.
2) It gives them an opportunity to fluff their feathers a litle bit.

I agree with you being in the manufacturing biz and knowing every product (depending on where it comes from) goes thru reliability tests before releasing to the public.

:thumb:

I am glad you decided against this bike. First, it looks kind of beat to me, especially the header pipe and engine case. My question is this, why did the guy want to go from a 450 down to a 250? :thinking: Sounds fishy to me.

I am glad you decided against this bike. First, it looks kind of beat to me, especially the header pipe and engine case. My question is this, why did the guy want to go from a 450 down to a 250? :thinking: Sounds fishy to me.
Yea, that whole title thing made it a non-starter. You take it to the CHP for a VIN verification and that would probably be the last time to see the bike. :argue:

From what he said, was that he is just learning how to ride and the 450 was to much for him and needed a smaller bike. So he says! But it did seem like he knew nothing about bikes!

Yea, that whole title thing made it a non-starter. You take it to the CHP for a VIN verification and that would probably be the last time to see the bike. :argue:
I was thinking the same thing! hahaha