What you think of this deal!

I have a 2003 Yamaha yz250f and want to jump up and get a 450!

There is this dude that is willing to trade his 2004 crf450r for my bike. Plus $550 on my side.

What you guys think of this deal?

My bike + $550 for a 2004 crf450r

here is the picture he sent of his bike

IMG_20130228_044645_zps30782a50.jpg

Have you done your homework? How much is each bike worth? etc... then take into consideration what everyone thinks! :prof:

Shut up! :moon:

I have a 2003 Yamaha yz250f and want to jump up and get a 450!

There is this dude that is willing to trade his 2004 crf450r for my bike. Plus $550 on my side.

What you guys think of this deal?

My bike + $550 for a 2004 crf450r

here is the picture he sent of his bike

IMG_20130228_044645_zps30782a50.jpg

Peice of SHIT! :prof:
Your welcome!

Why a 450? How big are you and how much do you weigh?
I am 5'9" and about 162. I just need more power, and i am just more comfortable on the 450 then any other 250 i have rode.

From what i am seeing is that my bike is worth about $1500 and and his is around $2200 thats just from looking on craigslist around my area.

Peice of SHIT! :prof:
Your welcome!

Are you just saying that because its not a 2 stroke? I do not want no 2 stroke vs 4 stroke debate!

I am 5'9" and about 162. I just need more power, and i am just more comfortable on the 450 then any other 250 i have rode.

From what i am seeing is that my bike is worth about $1500 and and his is around $2200 thats just from looking on craigslist around my area.

Are you just saying that because its not a 2 stroke? I do not want no 2 stroke vs 4 stroke debate!

No,
These Hondas are a PITA to keep maintained. Valves, cams, etc. Everone I know that has them is a love/hate relationship. When they run, they run good. Lots of guys I know did the X to R mods. But not a 2T 4T debate. Kawi or Juks are better from what I hear. You have to buy what you can afford and try not to get the head ach.

The dude that built my motor was tellin me that when rebuilt with aftermarket crank (hot rods) stainless steel valves and a hot cam, it becomes are reliable as the others, aside from a yamaha.
I haven't put enough hours on mine to know if he was bluffing though :P

I texted the dude and going to go look at it today. If he likes my bike and i like his bike i might just do the trade! Rebuilding the motor is not big of a deal i most likely would run it till the end of the season then go through the top end and everything else during the summer. I will let you guys know if i buy it or not

I texted the dude and going to go look at it today. If he likes my bike and i like his bike i might just do the trade! Rebuilding the motor is not big of a deal i most likely would run it till the end of the season then go through the top end and everything else during the summer. I will let you guys know if i buy it or not
welcome to the bro life, slap some black plastics on that bish and get you some metal mulisha gear, then we'll be ready for the dunes. And after a few beers, we'll be cranking it out!

welcome to the bro life, slap some black plastics on that bish and get you some metal mulisha gear, then we'll be ready for the dunes. And after a few beers, we'll be cranking it out!
Hell yeh bro, We will find our selfs some bro hoes and party till we are too drunk, then go dune riding!

My '04 CRF450R was my favorite bike:clap: Loved the suspension, power, handling....could wheelie that thing across Soggy Drylake. Never had a problem with it. When I sold it in '07 I still had never touched the valves or even peaked into the top end. I only got rid of it because I wanted to get a green sticker bike to ride year round as my son was getting big enough to ride. Prolly should of kept it but from what I hear alimony is pretty expensive:devil:

My '04 CRF450R was my favorite bike:clap: Loved the suspension, power, handling....could wheelie that thing across Soggy Drylake. Never had a problem with it. When I sold it in '07 I still had never touched the valves or even peaked into the top end. I only got rid of it because I wanted to get a green sticker bike to ride year round as my son was getting big enough to ride. Prolly should of kept it but from what I hear alimony is pretty expensive:devil:
Thanks for a great review on it :)