Gas Gas What type piston do u run??

But your not a Pro? Your just doing the best you can right? Hare and hound races are kinda long. Couple of hours anyway. So you do 1 or 2 of those a month. Plus your training rides, and recreational rides. You could reasonably see 80-100hrs of riding time a year. To be on the safe side you could expect to do two topends a year.

4T machines arent for everybody. Ive ridden 2T machines pretty much all of my off road riding time. But Im thinking I may get a 4T machine next. I ride my brothers 450 off and on and Im starting to like it. But nothing sounds like a 2 smoker on the pipe.

I wouldnt be afraid to push a piston and ring that many hours. Figure most of your time is recreational time anyway. But yes 2 top ends a year to be safe.

Oh and Spooly I never did answer the original question on the thread. I prefer the Wiseco piston. Then OEM. ProX and the others are probably just fine. But I have no experience using them. Others say good things about them and not so good things. So sometimes you just have to find out for your self.

Didnt say I was gonna get rid of my smoker. But it will likely see less seat time than 4T.
Until it's time to put a top end on that four stroke. Then it will sit there and collect dust until you win the loto to rebuild it. Unless you are able to do the work yourself. Then most likely you will sell the four stroke. After having to pay for the top end. Because you do not want to do that again.

My brothers 06 KX450 that he bought new out of the crate. Is still on its original piston and ring. Still plenty of poop left in that machine. But this isnt the thread for this conversation.

My brothers 06 KX450 that he bought new out of the crate. Is still on its original piston and ring. Still plenty of poop left in that machine. But this isnt the thread for this conversation.
Can you tell me what is your current bike you ride. You said you have a two stroke. what is it?

If you must know I have an 01 CR250R. Just to keep it with in the thread topic it DOES have a Wiseco piston and rings set in it.