What size Genny

Don't let that discourage you Jax - Costco welcomes all trash.........:prof:

Even poor white trailer trash:smirk:

I looked on the site and is this the one you are reffering to...

Champion 3000 Running / 3500 Peak Watts Wireless Remote Electric Start Portable Generator

CARB/EPA Approved
Includes: Push-button Electric Start ,Wireless Remote Control & Wheel Kit

Item # 537447

RatedOverall Rating:
rating.gif

3.3 out of 5

openRatingsHistogram.gif
(out of 24 reviews)

15 of 24(62%)customers would recommend this product to a friend.
reviews )
Review this product

Share this Product:

http://reviews.costco.com/2070/1158...tp://www.costco.com/browse/reviewproduct.aspx

$469.99

525039.jpg

Jax: Champions are a good non brand name gernerator. They arent whisper quiet but you can stand next to it while its running under a load and have a conversation with out shouting.

Even poor white trailer trash:smirk:

I looked on the site and is this the one you are reffering to...

Champion 3000 Running / 3500 Peak Watts Wireless Remote Electric Start Portable Generator

CARB/EPA Approved
Includes: Push-button Electric Start ,Wireless Remote Control & Wheel Kit

Item # 537447

RatedOverall Rating:
rating.gif

3.3 out of 5

openRatingsHistogram.gif
(out of 24 reviews)

15 of 24(62%)customers would recommend this product to a friend.
reviews )
Review this product

Share this Product:

http://reviews.costco.com/2070/1158...tp://www.costco.com/browse/reviewproduct.aspx

$469.99

525039.jpg

I would definitely look at that one Jax. I have one and have been extremely pleased with it. I have run the piss out of it on hot days for hours on end. Plus, the way I look at it is if it only lasts one season I wouldn't be out a boatload of money. It's not quiet like the nice Hondas or yamis but we have strict rules about no gens running after 11 p.m. anyway. Plus, there are plenty of units out there that are way louder. Take a look and keep us posted. :thumb:

I would definitely look at that one Jax. I have one and have been extremely pleased with it. I have run the piss out of it on hot days for hours on end. Plus, the way I look at it is if it only lasts one season I wouldn't be out a boatload of money. It's not quiet like the nice Hondas or yamis but we have strict rules about no gens running after 11 p.m. anyway. Plus, there are plenty of units out there that are way louder. Take a look and keep us posted. :thumb:

Hold on Kimosabie, what?? you can't run a genny past 11pm? what the hell do you do if your camping in middle of summer? it gets flippin hot here and I be damned to turn it off.

Hold on Kimosabie, what?? you can't run a genny past 11pm? what the hell do you do if your caming in middle of summer? it gets flippin hot here and I be damned to turn it off.

"Meanwhile, Tonto, who had disguised himself as a door, had his knob shot off..." Sorry, Jax, I just had to throw that one in there - it always makes me laugh.

When it just gets too hot, we just run them anyway. You just don't want to be the one with the loudest, most fouled up pile that stinks everyone out. I suspect where you are, there are no regulations regarding noise after hours :smirk:

"Meanwhile, Tonto, who had disguised himself as a door, had his knob shot off..." Sorry, Jax, I just had to throw that one in there - it always makes me laugh.

When it just gets too hot, we just run them anyway. You just don't want to be the one with the loudest, most fouled up pile that stinks everyone out. I suspect where you are, there are no regulations regarding noise after hours :smirk:

:lol:, noise restrictions, :thinking: oh the one with the loudest gun is the one that gets in trouble.

hey check this one out, looks like the same one minus the electric start,,don't need one on my bike shouldn't need one on the genny either :smirk:

3000 Running Watts Portable Generator
  • Running 3000 Watts / Peak 3500 Watts
  • 4 Gallon (15L) Fuel Tank with 10 Running Hours at 50% Load
  • Integrated Control Panel - 120V Twist lock, 120V RV Receptacle, 120 Volt Duplex Receptacles
  • Intelligauge™ (Displays - Volts, Frequency/Hz & Operating Hours)
$329.00

http://www.lowes.com/pd_106885-8701...r|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&facetInfo=$200
896682400265lg.jpg

hey check this one out, looks like the same one minus the electric start,,don't need one on my bike shouldn't need one on the genny either :smirk:

3000 Running Watts Portable Generator
  • Running 3000 Watts / Peak 3500 Watts
  • 4 Gallon (15L) Fuel Tank with 10 Running Hours at 50% Load
  • Integrated Control Panel - 120V Twist lock, 120V RV Receptacle, 120 Volt Duplex Receptacles
  • Intelligauge™ (Displays - Volts, Frequency/Hz & Operating Hours)
$329.00

http://www.lowes.com/pd_106885-8701...r|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&facetInfo=$200 - $400
896682400265lg.jpg

Buy it Jax :thumb: It starts first pull everytime anyway. Less crap to break = reliability.

Its a done deal, that is the one I am getting. Looking forward to some camping this year now....whoo hooo:banana:

I actually read some reviews and allot of people said it is pretty quite at only 68db. :thumb: thanks for all your help peeps.

The nice thing about an electric start is that you can rig up a remote start from the inside. It's a nice feature when raining, freezing, etc.

Don't get anything smaller that a 3500 watt that's for sure. I was given a 1000 watt gen and I am still trying to figure out what it is good for.

The nice thing about an electric start is that you can rig up a remote start from the inside. It's a nice feature when raining, freezing, etc.

Don't get anything smaller that a 3500 watt that's for sure. I was given a 1000 watt gen and I am still trying to figure out what it is good for.
Run your vibrator?:thinking:

If you want a cheap generator, Harbor Freight Tools (www.HarborFreight.com) has a brand new Chicago Electric 7HP 3000 watt running/3500 watt start generator on sale for $259.00. As far as cheap goes, that's about as good as you'll find for a new generator. Keep in mind, if you are going to run this thing a lot, then you are better off buying a good quality used piece like a Honda. They have quieter OHV engines that will last for years. The cheaper Chinese stuff like Champion and the Chicago Electric are probably best suited to occasional use for shorter periods. The quality just isn't there for long duration runs and high frequency of use.

To calculate the size of the generator you need, you have to add up the wattage of all the appliances you have. (900-1100 watts for a microwave, bulb wattages, etc) You won't be running everything at once, but a good rule of thumb for a camper is add up everything you would typically run on a worst case basis. Air conditioner, lights, stereo, microwave, TV, DVD, coffee maker, etc. Add 20% to that total to compensate for start up surges. Anything with a motor will spike 20-50% ABOVE its running wattage at start up for a second or two. If your genny isn't big enough, it can trip its breaker or damage the unit.
I would go with a minimum of 3000 watts/3500 surge, and ideal would be 4000/4800 watts. The big factor is your air conditioner, as that is the big juice sucker.
Hope this helps! :thumb:

Hey Jax,
This is the one I'm getting...
http://www.tractorsupply.com/genera...eg-3500-w-portable-gasoline-generator-4434023
I like the remote start one too that you posted :thumb: and I think they make one just slightly smaller which is good. Aakmetz has one and he says he runs his whole house on it just about A/C heat tv computer lights fridge etc, says it starts 1st pull every time.... You do have to watch the "no Noise" policy at MX tracks. but I saw a guy with this generator and he rigged up a nice exhaust stem so it sounded like a box fan running on low... very nice. He used a welding tip from an acetylene torch for the final cone...:thumb: