South What options do we have?

Rose Canyon would have been okay, if I wasn't helping another bike every 50 yards.:smirk: Also, I don't think you're going to want to take a toy hauler up to KM. Unless you're a experienced tower, and are very confident in your vehicle, I would just bring a tent, 9 Mile Canyon can be a bitch.:noidea:

Lets plan a weekend trip this upcoming month to KM! My bro and I can probably get another friend or two to come along. We been looking at Toy Hauler rentals too, and they are reasonably priced.
Ok, so lets start a thread. John, Martin, Timo, Carl, Big Dan, Rez, Trav, and anyone else, how is mid June looking?
Jeff, I know you have a KM trip planed in June as well but hey, why not.
If we get a big group like the LPNF cluster " :f: " we can split up and do loops all over.

Well last Saturday I had a bit of a doozie. Left the truck before 11 and didn't get back until 8pm. It was the combo of a difficult trail, somewhat unsuited tires and equipment problems. I had real concern that the night was going to be spent out on the trail.
Oh man, I've done that there before. Broke down on the western part of Piru and didn't get tools/parts/fixed until was turning dark. Instead of riding the eastern part of Piru in the dark (i.e. couple of the ledges) we went up Miller and down Alamo in the dark. Nothing quite liking going up Miller in the pitch black. Don't think we made it back to the truck until 11pm.

In LPNF you generally ride above 5500 feet so it's usually not too bad even when it's 100+ in Hungry Valley. The top of Frazier is 8000 feet making it a nice stop.

Difficult riding in LPNF? Well last Saturday I had a bit of a doozie. Left the truck before 11 and didn't get back until 8pm. It was the combo of a difficult trail, somewhat unsuited tires and equipment problems. I had real concern that the night was going to be spent out on the trail.

I've done desert rides in July. It' just that you ride when the sun is down. As previously mentioned real early works as well.

Do tell :popcorn: But do so in another thread :prof:

There will still be a chance or two to get your Dez fix in. It might be in the middle of the week, and I'm sure it won't be as nice as last weekend, but it will come.:ride:

What's with the problem of getting up early? There's nothing like doing a Stoddard Dawn Patrol run. On the bikes at 5:00AM, do a high speed loop, hit Slash X for a breakfast plate and a pitcher at 10:00ish, and in the trucks A/C by 11:00. :cheers:
those dawn patrols are rough for me ... id have to be up and out the door by 3am :(

as far as options go... this is why i got a plated bike. my first bike was a red sticker and when summer hit i was legally limited to pretty much pismo and Kennedy Meadows. both are far drives for me. which made me start riding track. Now that i have a plated bike i can go anywhere. Pine Valley (still a bit warm in summer sometimes) big bear, arrowhead, los padres national forest and many other spots up north that i cant name right now.

anyhow i would look into riding Kennedy Meadows as the weather is really nice for summer up there and the singletrack is really fun.

and :prof: invest in a spark arrest if you dont have one. pretty much everywhere requires them. Pro Moto Billit makes a screen that fits on some stock pipes as well. my buddy PBK didnt have one when they checked so i pulled my PMB screen out of the toolbox and it fit just like it was a PMB cap.

Ok, so lets start a thread. John, Martin, Timo, Carl, Big Dan, Rez, Trav, and anyone else, how is mid June looking?
Jeff, I know you have a KM trip planed in June as well but hey, why not.
If we get a big group like the LPNF cluster " :f: " we can split up and do loops all over.

i can try but im going to Hawaii in a week so ill have to play it by ear.

A couple of weeks is Father's day weekend. I was kicking around doing a Father and Son ride at KM that weekend, but now plans have changed and I will be floating instead....I did call KM the other day and they said most of the trails are open. :thumb:

Dez looks to be in the low 80's first of next week. I'll be working, but if any of you weekday riders are free, consider this your warning.

Oh man, I've done that there before. Broke down on the western part of Piru and didn't get tools/parts/fixed until was turning dark. Instead of riding the eastern part of Piru in the dark (i.e. couple of the ledges) we went up Miller and down Alamo in the dark. Nothing quite liking going up Miller in the pitch black. Don't think we made it back to the truck until 11pm.
:shocked::eek::hail: