South What options do we have?

I was checking weather forecast for different riding spots and it hit me that the weather is heating up for good now! :foul:Well to my fellow Socal riders, what options do we have to ride now? I use to ride el mirage in the previous summer and would start at run rise, then call it quits after a nice little ride. Or we would drive to Oceano Dunes and ride the dunes along the beach. But driving those distances for a short ride kind of stinks sometimes. Is there other viable options other than having to wake up at O'dark thirty that I don't know about?

There will still be a chance or two to get your Dez fix in. It might be in the middle of the week, and I'm sure it won't be as nice as last weekend, but it will come.:ride:

What's with the problem of getting up early? There's nothing like doing a Stoddard Dawn Patrol run. On the bikes at 5:00AM, do a high speed loop, hit Slash X for a breakfast plate and a pitcher at 10:00ish, and in the trucks A/C by 11:00. :cheers:

Early riding is better than no riding so I'll take it if needed. But just wondering what other options we had. All this talk about slash X makes me want to go back! My brother and I were surprised about how good the food was and how neat the place was. He is still upset though about how he got stuck in the rocky section of the dry creek and Palmer had to help him push his bike out :P If only I knew how to edit and post the videos from my helmet cam! :foul:

Palmers Canyon.:foul: I recall helping my Son up that SOB. There's always the zoo that's Arrowhead also, but that's even a little warm for my tastes. Now is the time to sit in front of a swamp cooler in the garage, and strip your bike to nothing, clean it, lube it, and replace anything that doesn't look as good as it should. Then be ready for a shake down ride in early September, and you're good to go all next season.:ride:

As Timo said, ride early. If I am on an overnighter, I arrive early, on the bike 5-530ish, can ride 'till 10-11. Find shade, siesta until late afternoon, ride 'till sundown, then enjoy the warm summer night.
Only other options are Kennedy or Pismo.

There will still be a chance or two to get your Dez fix in. It might be in the middle of the week, and I'm sure it won't be as nice as last weekend, but it will come.:ride:

What's with the problem of getting up early? There's nothing like doing a Stoddard Dawn Patrol run. On the bikes at 5:00AM, do a high speed loop, hit Slash X for a breakfast plate and a pitcher at 10:00ish, and in the trucks A/C by 11:00. :cheers:

The first part might be my problem :shocked: .... and I think they stop serving breakfast around 2:00 so I'd have to order lunch ..... TO GO! :smirk:

Early riding is better than no riding so I'll take it if needed. But just wondering what other options we had. All this talk about slash X makes me want to go back! My brother and I were surprised about how good the food was and how neat the place was. He is still upset though about how he got stuck in the rocky section of the dry creek and Palmer had to help him push his bike out :P If only I knew how to edit and post the videos from my helmet cam! :foul:

They serve food ???? :noidea:... :lol: .... :sorry: .... :smirk:

That section is known as Rose Canyon, we could call it Munoz creek to. :smirk: :lol: :lol: :P

Ive never ridden lpnf before, but I wouldn't mind giving it a early morning go. And I actually like rose canyon and want to do it again. How's Kennedy meadows?

Ive never ridden lpnf before, but I wouldn't mind giving it a early morning go. And I actually like rose canyon and want to do it again. How's Kennedy meadows?
You can actually get away with riding it during the day (LPNF), but a morning start is better. Kennedy is prettier and much higher elevation riding, not to mention has some difficult riding too. Where are you?

Don't tell Tim. :naughty: When would you like to go to KM, me never been either and it has to be a couple day trip.
You can actually get away with riding it during the day (LPNF), but a morning start is better. Kennedy is prettier and much higher elevation riding, not to mention has some difficult riding too. Where are you?
He is IE material...

In LPNF you generally ride above 5500 feet so it's usually not too bad even when it's 100+ in Hungry Valley. The top of Frazier is 8000 feet making it a nice stop.

Difficult riding in LPNF? Well last Saturday I had a bit of a doozie. Left the truck before 11 and didn't get back until 8pm. It was the combo of a difficult trail, somewhat unsuited tires and equipment problems. I had real concern that the night was going to be spent out on the trail.

I've done desert rides in July. It' just that you ride when the sun is down. As previously mentioned real early works as well.

Don't tell Tim. :naughty: When would you like to go to KM, me never been either and it has to be a couple day trip.

Lets plan a weekend trip this upcoming month to KM! My bro and I can probably get another friend or two to come along. We been looking at Toy Hauler rentals too, and they are reasonably priced.