What do you think of this bike for sale?

The only reason my "clapped out POS" 99 yz250 is for sale is because the 06 I rode today has different steering geometry and it cornered better. Very similar to my buddy's KTM 125 I rode not long ago. It was then, and was today, a very noticeable difference. Even though my 99 was faster and hit harder, I would trade that for the cornering alone.
It's for sale, and its not clapped out at all. Its fresh and fast with 17 hours on the top-end. I still love love love it. But it's time for an upgrade, and since I'm working again, I have the dinero.

Palmer mentioned something about an 8mm difference in the location of the reed box making it faster than others; is possible to put that different location cylinder on a newer bike? From my understanding these engines are all the same from 99 to around 2016, no?

Needless to say I'm in the market for an 06 or newer yz250, but they are not available in my area for less than 4K. My range is about 3K.
There is a guy in CA that has a 2011 that he claims has clutch problems for 2700...

The reed spacer is in the 2002 above, remove it and it hits the same as your 99. In or around 2007, yamaha lower the ports in the jug by 1mm. I have a 2006 in my shop I bought for 2600+150+120. The plusses are as follows: Registration in CA, Polisport restyle plastic kit (white), He is supposed to find his own graphics kit.
My oldest boy is supposed to buy it off me but bitching about the 270.00 extra I paid. Same sone that walk away from our relationship over money/bike almost 3 years ago. But since he doesn't want to come to terms with the added fee's I'll probably sale it for 3K here.

Worth it if he has proof of hours and work done. But firing up a bike after a year with old mix and admitting it, kind of goofy?

Has the UFO Restyle kit, and looks fair.

If you have the cash, bring a 8-10mm socket T handle or equal and look in the air box. Clean air box, pull the filter look in the boot, clean inside the boot.

Personally I prefer the KX perimeter steel over the wishbone steel. Neither is as good as the aluminum wishbone though. IMO
Was about to say bikes are spensive over there until I checked my CL somehow the stupid two strokes have gotten an inflated value lately. Either everyone has four bang fraidy cat syndrome, or people are starting to miss them for some reason. Buddy rode an rm last weekend, hey thanks for the choking cloud of technical trail blindness James Bond!

We were just talking about the 2 stroke revolution yesterday. They're going up in value now, so I want to get one quick.

I'm pondering the 2005 for $2800. As far as I can tell the only difference between that and the 06 is the forks.
At my skill level I'm wondering if its worth spending the extra $$$ to get an 06 or newer.
TBH, what I'm mainly after is the different steering geometry and that awesome cornering ability. If the 05 and up frames are all the same I'm not sure I would notice a difference in forks.

I think you should just get a new one and make payments, if you can't pay cash.
Nope, aint gonna happen. I'm trying to get out of debt.
Plus, 2 weeks ago I wasn't sure how I was gonna pay my rent. Now I got called back into work and have been told that I'll have work til the end of the year, but I've learned to not trust that. This place I work for (I'm a contractor) is real clicky and it dont take much to not get called back.

I'm just gonna have to live within my means, and right now that means a used bike.

Also - my home A/C unit is 11 years old now and I'm expecting that sucker to blow at any time. Need to have a few K in the pocket when it does. And my water heater is about ready to expire too.

Nope, no payments.