What do you think of this bike for sale?

The R1 books at 4000 in my area at full retail. Trade is 2800. I think he's asking about 1000 too much. Especially with the shitty paint job with over-spray on the tire.

The yz has the same shitty spray but I like it enough to offer him 200 for it if its complete. Haggle for somewhere in between. That color is awful, gonna need $150 in plastics alone.
Bugly fosho.
But if he doesn't budge, and its complete and kicks, probably worth 300.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? That's fkn scrap metal x 2. paint on the fork tubes!?
Even as a parts bike all the parts are coated in crap! What a couple of morons. I like the way dude says "previous owner painted it" trying to absolve himself of responsibility. He bought(or acquired)that piece of junk so he's just a big an idiot at the guy he got it from. And the r1 guy days "no problems at all" HA oh it's got problems alright

Ha! Too funny.
I like the yz.
I like any yz though. Especially the 300 dollar variety.

They're like fat chicks, they just need someone to love them.

Last edited:
I didn't know you could put a Honda front-end on a Kawi...
You can do all sorts of things. Not alway the case but: the steering stem is probably pressed out of the Kawk, and pressed into the Honda. You can either machine a bushing to make up space, or turn down the kawk to fit properly. The other way is if the steer head legnth is the same, and yeat another, stack washers above the top seal to the spanner nut.
Many guys are putting the CRF brakes on the front of the YZ's because they believe the system is better. Technically, if you do the CR routing on the older YZ/WR's, you shorten the line, thus making the braking better.

Id buy that. if I didn't have one already. I'd start, run and ride for 5min then it comes down. Solid platform.
Yeah I'd buy it too. It's only 228 lbs, and it's blue. Cant be much bad about it.

Edit: he changed the ad, it no longer reads 800, says 1000 now.
Smart guy.

Thanks for the link @Rolls .
I was wondering what it must sound like. Then I got to thinking it might sound like a snowmobile or a seadoo. Then that got me wondering, do seadoo's (Bombardier?) use a power valve?