What do you think of this bike for sale?

$250 does seem kinda steep for that thing. They were cool bikes , though.

https://youtu.be/_ao44ZvYh3s

Well, it is 2, but can you even make one out of them?
Thanks for the link @Rolls .
I was wondering what it must sound like. Then I got to thinking it might sound like a snowmobile or a seadoo. Then that got me wondering, do seadoo's (Bombardier?) use a power valve?
No, they are like cart engines or smaller bore 2 strokes.

I probably would. I have no real love for that particular one, but two strokes that arent 8k in that condition are getting hard to find, and 2250 is give way pricing from the looks of it.

Dude, get over there and buy it. (but give a false address, he might come looking for it).:smirk::smirk::smirk:

My friend Keith (you see him around on various sites as Redrider) came over with several very high end fly rods and some 300 dollar waders and a float tube. ALL new from the store. He said he saw the waders hanging out of a dumpster and looked in and saw the rest. After we got done kidding him about looking for a new suit etc he exclaimed "man I guess the guy must have given up on fishing, I just can't believe he threw that NEW stuff away!" I asked "aren't you divorced?"

A friend of mine is selling his dad’s 06 CRF 250 X. He brought it over yesterday because it’s been sitting in his garage for years and it wouldn’t idol, or start without carb cleaner sprayed down its throat so I pulled the carb, jets totally plugged as expected, put it back together and lit right up. Idles like a top, pretty good throttle response for a carb, says his dad gave him permission to sell it and keep the money because he got baby coming. says he’ll let me have it for two grand. I don’t know what I can flip it for, very little inventory these days to compare it to but seems like a good deal for that bike, I know for a fact it hasn’t been ridden in 4 years and didn’t see much action before that. Original owner. I’d be shopping for myself if I was maybe 60 yrs old and needed a Cadillac to ride but low weight+hp is my ride of choice and I ain’t giving up either at this point. What’s a similar bike going for in your area? I’ve got 3 comps here local, everyone’s riding, not selling.

Thanks. He is going to put it up for $2600 and take the first 21 offer which, he will get no problem. As a flip I would strip, grease and detail (he won’t, it’s still got 4 yr old dirt on it) and could probably get $2600 but I don’t expect get close enough to 3k to make it worth my while. The selling can sometimes be a hassle, with meetings, texting and scheduling and people test riding then lowballing. I don’t mind lowballs on the phone, but people like to make you invest time and that’s a pain. I’ll tell him I’m a buyer at $1800 and see what he says. :gibbs: