What do you think about this bike?

trust me dont get an xr 80!!!! its an ok bike if all he does is ride it in the yard but if he is going to do anything more than that get him a 85 small wheel. my first bike was a cr85 and i had no prob working the clutch if your really worried about it put a fly wheel weigh on it. im not sure y your scared of 2t :thinking: :smirk: but its not a big deal!! i raced it and i for a yr and did the top end once. trust an 85 is the way to go it will last him a long time and he will get more use out of that than a xr80. if i were you i would look at the ktm 85 xc it has more bottom and it doesn't hit hard.

Actually I was telling my wife last night I would probably buy a XR80 get him use to everything then buy him a 85 cause he is going to want to do jumps and stuff and god knows that XR isn't going to do it.:lol:

Well it is a hell of a lot more bike than an XR but what year is it. I bought my son an 04 for 650, there are deals out there. I also seen an 04 ktm 65 today on CL for 700. Those little 2st are fast and fun but not good for easy going trail riding, you goota be ripping the chit out of them and clutch work is a nessesary evil.

this was my boys, he wasn't to good on the clutch either when he was 8 so I traded it for a KLX 110 and now he is back on the clutch and learning it. I wish I would have never traded but I didn't ride when he had the KTM.
ktm65002.jpg

traded to this
Myles020.jpg

now he is on this
clay on Yz2.jpg

Jackson its a 2005. When I asked him what he was wanting to do on the bike it was all about jumping and such so I just don't see the XR being a good bike. If he wants to do wheelies and jump it and such he better have a bike that can do it. What is that little bike he is on now?

i dont know about the ktm (i wouldnt think so) but iv ridden the rm 65 and you didnt have to clutch it at all!! it was buddy's kids first bike never ridden a bike before and he did great no the trails.

Well I brought home the KTM its one bad mother! I have never rode a 2 stroke so I wasn't sure what to expect. When I shifted her into third and she pulled a wheelie with me on it I said "Sold!" My wife isn't so excited about it but I can't wait to give it to him and go ride. I bought new plastic for it too. Its going to be one sweet mother! I'm not sure who will be more excited him or me! :banana:

i think he will love it!!!! and i think u made the right chose with it over the xr :thumb:

I know I like it over the XR. :smirk: I'm just not sure what to get my daughter now. Smoker or thumper. :thinking: I'm trying to talk my wife into getting the 150 Expert and see if our daughter likes it then going from there.

Well I brought home the KTM its one bad mother! I have never rode a 2 stroke so I wasn't sure what to expect. When I shifted her into third and she pulled a wheelie with me on it I said "Sold!" My wife isn't so excited about it but I can't wait to give it to him and go ride. I bought new plastic for it too. Its going to be one sweet mother! I'm not sure who will be more excited him or me! :banana:

You have drank of the orange kool aid :thumb: Those 65's do have quite a hit, take him somewhere wide open so he can get the clutch down.

awesome, I know he will like it, next we will be hearing about you on a 2st, :smirk: they have that fun factor like no other.

My wife already said the same thing.:lol: She said after about the 10th time I went in the garage and started it......."Oh god your going to have to have a 2 stroke now huh!":lol:

You have drank of the orange kool aid :thumb: Those 65's do have quite a hit, take him somewhere wide open so he can get the clutch down.

Yep we are going to go just ride down some nice dirt roads for a while and let him get use to riding it. Let him open it up, stop, start, you know the basics. I think he will get it quick. (His mom is sceeerd but I know he will catch on fast.)

Lots of safety equipment with that one... in recent years the KTM65 is the most wanted 65 ever.. power on par with the bigger 85's and the fastest 65 ever built... Good deal tho!

Good luck :thumb: