What do you think about this bike?

Sorry looking at buying it. But as you know I know nothing about 2 strokes or little bikes. What things should I look at?

Also looking at a 2003 XR80 but I think this is more of what the kids want.

Sorry looking at buying it. But as you know I know nothing about 2 strokes or little bikes. What things should I look at?

Also looking at a 2003 XR80 but I think this is more of what the kids want.

What kid? Age, height, weight, experience?
65's have a wicked powerband, need to know how to work the clutch.

What kid? Age, height, weight, experience?
65's have a wicked powerband, need to know how to work the clutch.

My son. 10 years old. Guessing 4'2". Inseam is 24". 70-80#. Rode a small bike growing up (50cc), then got into the bmx bikes now thinks motors are cool again.

He should have no problem then. Bike is old, but it's a 2 st, new top end and it's new again. Check the frame for stress/cracks-make sure it wasn't ridden by a big kid as a pit bike.

He should have no problem then. Bike is old, but it's a 2 st, new top end and it's new again. Check the frame for stress/cracks-make sure it wasn't ridden by a big kid as a pit bike.

So how do I know if it runs good cause they already smoke....:lol: I just don't really have any clue about them. Guess this will be my two stroke learning lesson.

Plus one on this, look at the sub frame where it bolts up to the frame, this is where they tend to crack if a adult has been riding it.

So how do I know if it runs good cause they already smoke....:lol: I just don't really have any clue about them. Guess this will be my two stroke learning lesson.

Make sure it is cold when you get there to look at it and if it starts easy or not. I still say a good rule on any bike purchase is to install a new topend. shouldn't be anymore than 100bucks for new piston, rings, gaskets and wrist pin bearing. Very simple and easy to replace top end on a 2st. Then just inspect normal stuff wheel bearings, swingarm bearings, fork seals etc.

you will prolly get one year out of this bike and he will be ready for upgrade. My 11 is on 85cc now.

Plus one on this, look at the sub frame where it bolts up to the frame, this is where they tend to crack if a adult has been riding it.

Make sure it is cold when you get there to look at it and if it starts easy or not. I still say a good rule on any bike purchase is to install a new topend. shouldn't be anymore than 100bucks for new piston, rings, gaskets and wrist pin bearing. Very simple and easy to replace top end on a 2st. Then just inspect normal stuff wheel bearings, swingarm bearings, fork seals etc.

you will prolly get one year out of this bike and he will be ready for upgrade. My 11 is on 85cc now.

I want to get my wife, daughter, and him all on 150 Experts in the end.:smirk: But they need to grow a little more.:smirk: Honestly I'm afraid my daughter is going to get into boys and loose interest since she is 13 and already talking about boys :rolleyes: , I'm pretty sure I can keep the other two involved for a while.:lol:

I want to get my wife, daughter, and him all on 150 Experts in the end.:smirk: But they need to grow a little more.:smirk: Honestly I'm afraid my daughter is going to get into boys and loose interest since she is 13 and already talking about boys :rolleyes: , I'm pretty sure I can keep the other two involved for a while.:lol:

:devil: where do ya live lol

j/k

posting is gone... did you get the bike ?

A good way to tell right off the bat if they have it set up for big boys is if it has BMX type handlebars on it. Ive seen that a lot in craigslist adds when i was looking for me sons 50... stay clear of those

posting is gone... did you get the bike ?

A good way to tell right off the bat if they have it set up for big boys is if it has BMX type handlebars on it. Ive seen that a lot in craigslist adds when i was looking for me sons 50... stay clear of those

Thanks. No I held off I think we better go with a 4 stroke first. I thought he had run a clutch before but he hasn't so....:naughty: on the 2 stroke. I'm going to look at a XR80 if the idiot ever sends me a phone number instead of there stupid E-mail (People on craigslist piss me off!)

Thanks. No I held off I think we better go with a 4 stroke first. I thought he had run a clutch before but he hasn't so....:naughty: on the 2 stroke. I'm going to look at a XR80 if the idiot ever sends me a phone number instead of there stupid E-mail (People on craigslist piss me off!)

trust me dont get an xr 80!!!! its an ok bike if all he does is ride it in the yard but if he is going to do anything more than that get him a 85 small wheel. my first bike was a cr85 and i had no prob working the clutch if your really worried about it put a fly wheel weigh on it. im not sure y your scared of 2t :thinking: :smirk: but its not a big deal!! i raced it and i for a yr and did the top end once. trust an 85 is the way to go it will last him a long time and he will get more use out of that than a xr80. if i were you i would look at the ktm 85 xc it has more bottom and it doesn't hit hard.