What do you keep in your pack?

ry%3D400

My day pack:

1. 70oz bladder (Have not had a problem with running out of water. Longest outing has been 6hrs).
2. Cloth to keep the goggles clean.
3. Napkins (Just incase nature calls!):lol:
4. Zip ties and tie wire.
5. Multi tool and leatherman for minor repairs.
6. Tow rope. Came in handy a few times. :thumb:
7. Flashlight and lighter for emergencies.
8. Map of area.

I have a spare tube but have not bought the spoons to do the road side repairs yet. So the tube stays at home.

What do you keep in your pack that you can't do without or is a must on the trails?

I have a very small pack at this time but usaly bring water my smokes and my phone oh and a map of the place i'm riding if i have one. I know i need to bring more and will as i start doing longer rides, i also want to get a little bag that goes on your fender so i don't have to carry so much on my back.:thumb:

:popcorn:

Great thread.:thumb: This should be a good one. Are you limiting it to the pack or all carrying devices on said rider or bike? Some of the DBAers on here have 100lbs worth of backpacks, fanny packs and fender packs (front and rear) for carrying stuff.

I have a very small pack at this time but usaly bring water my smokes and my phone oh and a map of the place i'm riding if i have one. I know i need to bring more and will as i start doing longer rides, i also want to get a little bag that goes on your fender so i don't have to carry so much on my back.:thumb:

Forgot I also bring my cell phone.

Well, pictured below that goes in the Ogio vest:

15mm/17mm open end
8, 10, 12 mm combo wrenches
Wire cutters
vise grips
phillips screw driver w/ duct tape on shank
multi purpose tool
12" crescent wrench
Allen combo tool
Knife
2 sizes of zip ties
Epoxy kit w/ mix sticks
Spare front break lever
Spare clutch lever
Spare shift lever
chain breaker
2 master links, and small piece of chain
Axle nut spoons
inflator kit
patches tire gauge
valve core tool
soap
Front tube (you can use a 21" in the rear too)
Tow strap set up (1 over the seat peg to peg, the other to connect bikes)
Work gloves
Rags

Not shown:

phone
70 oz. bladder
sun glasses
camera
protien bars x2
5 hour energy drink
and safety meeting items :busted:

MeansMay2010002.jpg

I also sometimes carry a small backpack in addition to the flight vest with:

Jerky
A sandwhich
and 4 iced beers :busted:

This is only for a all day in the saddle ride, with no eating establishment in the agenda.

15mm/17mm open end
Wire cutters
vise grips
multi purpose tool
12" crescent wrench
Allen combo tool
Knife
2 sizes of zip ties
Epoxy kit w/ mix sticks
Spare front break lever
Spare clutch lever
Spare shift lever
chain breaker
Axle nut spoons
inflator kit
patches tire gauge
valve core tool
soap
Work gloves
Rags

Not shown:

phone
70 oz. bladder
sun glasses
camera
protien bars x2
5 hour energy drink

MeansMay2010002.jpg

Jerky
A sandwhich

This is only for a all day in the saddle ride, with no eating establishment in the agenda.

but where do ya put the kitchen sink?????? :shocked: Looks more like an arsenal....:smirk:

where i ride is never more than a 15 minute hike back to the truck. :lol: but when I do trail ride I have a camel back that i carry my phone, map of trails, keys, snackbar and my wallet. That is about it.

I'm digging the duct tape around the screw driver. I will be using that one! :thumb:

15mm/17mm open end
Wire cutters
vise grips
multi purpose tool
12" crescent wrench
Allen combo tool
Knife
2 sizes of zip ties
Epoxy kit w/ mix sticks
Spare front break lever
Spare clutch lever
Spare shift lever
chain breaker
Axle nut spoons
inflator kit
patches tire gauge
valve core tool
soap
Work gloves
Rags

Not shown:

phone
70 oz. bladder
sun glasses
camera
protien bars x2
5 hour energy drink

MeansMay2010002.jpg

Jerky
A sandwhich

where i ride is never more than a 15 minute hike back to the truck. :lol: but when I do trail ride I have a camel back that i carry my phone, map of trails, keys, snackbar and my wallet. That is about it.

On a decent ride with my Bro, there are times when we are over 100 miles from the truck. :naughty:

SRAD97750

Staff member
On a decent ride with my Bro, there are times when we are over 100 miles from the truck. :naughty:

I couldn't hike 5 miles in my MX boots. Let alone 30-100. The ARSENAL is REQUIRED on longer trips. (except baldy mesa:smirk:, I'd ride naked there)
I carry a similar arsenal minus the chain pieces. I will add a piece of chain and breaker to my gear. :thumb:

Whats the REALITY of co2 inflation kits? I carry one with 6 co2s but have never used it. Does it need 4-5 cartridges for a rear tire? Worth the $15+$2 per cartridge? (Not walking is worth $50 to me)

Will post picture and list soon enough... -BIG DAN:thumb:

I couldn't hike 5 miles in my MX boots. Let alone 30-100. The ARSENAL is REQUIRED on longer trips. (except baldy mesa:smirk:, I'd ride naked there)
I carry a similar arsenal minus the chain pieces. I will add a piece of chain and breaker to my gear. :thumb:

Whats the REALITY of co2 inflation kits? I carry one with 6 co2s but have never used it. Does it need 4-5 cartridges for a rear tire? Worth the $15+$2 per cartridge? (Not walking is worth $50 to me)

Will post picture and list soon enough... -BIG DAN:thumb:
Last outing I had a front flat (RR report from Rack has pictures of the trail side change) and I only used 1 cartridge to get 15psi. Not sure what the back would take, but I would not think it would be 4 - 5. Maybe 2.

:popcorn:

Great thread.:thumb: This should be a good one. Are you limiting it to the pack or all carrying devices on said rider or bike? Some of the DBAers on here have 100lbs worth of backpacks, fanny packs and fender packs (front and rear) for carrying stuff.

I was thinking any pack or device that riders are carrying. This i thought could be useful for some of us to see what might be missing in our packs or something we might want to start carrying.

I dont carry a pack, but when my buddies do, usually some tape, cell phone, knives, some allen wrenches, and a huge dildo to keep the bears away cuz bears hate huge dildos.

Like Timoyz I carry enough stuff to kill a small farm animal. I'd pull it all out and take pics but it is packed and I'm leaving to go riding all weekend.

24mm Axle nut tire spoon
12/13mm Axle nut tire spoon
Valve core remover
spare front ultra heavy tube
visine bottle full of liquid soap
small baby powder
Leatherman multi-tool
Co2 cartriges x6
Co2 dispenser
zip-ties
bailing wire
duct tape
headband flashlight
regular flashlight
Pocket knife
super glue
patch kit
extra 20 amp fuses
Allen wrenches 1.5mm-7mm
10mm box end wrench
homemade jumper cables
tow strap
sharpie
maps
70 oz. camel pack ( have gone through three full ones on one ride before )
Lighter and magnezium block
hand warmers
extra gloves
gps/camera/helmet cam
extra batteries for gps/camera/helmet cam
alcohol wipes and dry cloth for goggles
6 jumbo Vicatins (in case I or someone else has a major injury and needs to take the edge off)
surgical gloves 2 sets
2' of spare wire for wiring issues or emergencies
can of tuna (even if you have wet wood you can eat the tuna then fill can with gas and light it below a pile of sticks and such. This will create fire and get some coals going to cook or keep you warm in an emergency
space blanket
poncho
safety briefing supplies
S & W .45 with two full clips (spring and fall only)
Water purification tablets (for filling camel pack in streams when you run out)
12" section of fuel line for draining gas out of bike to loan out or fire start etc.

That is about all. I know I am forgetting something but this should give you a good idea.
The reason I carry so much is I have a dual sport and usually ride from home alone and end up 60-80 miles from home in the middle of nowhere. If I were to break down I might not see another human for weeks. It is important to have all these items under those circumstances. :thumb: