What did you do to your bike today?

I worked on the ole zook this weekend, doing some winter maintenance stuff. I thought I would share with you and would like to hear if you did anything to your bike today.

Took carb apart and cleaned

Replaced spark plug

Repacked silencer

Installed new air filter

James

Staff member
:thinking: Humm what did I do to my bike this past weekend, nothing as my garage isn't heated. :pout: I do have one of those propane forced air heaters that I use when I have the motivation to go do something. But with temps being in the single digits, not so much lately. :bonk:

However the last time I worked on it was when I did this. https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/content/149-checking-valve-clearances-2005-kx250f.html I already took the pictures for the "adjust" article but haven't gotten around to finishing it. :bonk:

I usually wait to do all the prep work until around March or so, it's warmer and I can't wait to ride. :P

Things I still need to do:

• Grease linkage
  • Replace clutch plates
  • Tear apart and clean the carb
  • General maintenance

Well, if youseen the pics of mine in the Husy section you'll see it has no graphic's.....After many attempts at having someone have them made for me for my birthdaty to no avail I went and had a few made.

Several Husky "H" gun site logos for the shrouds and 1 for the back winder of my truck. The name HUSQVARNA to be place probably somewhere on the side panels and the model WXC 610 on the swingarm. Not done yet, maybe by this weekend.

I'm no where near my bike today. So I did nothing. Now that my shoulder is getting better, I will be fixing that front flat, changing the coolant, New spark plug and going over all the bolts. Looking at trying to get a ride in some time in March.

I'm no where near my bike today. So I did nothing. Now that my shoulder is getting better, I will be fixing that front flat, changing the coolant, New spark plug and going over all the bolts. Looking at trying to get a ride in some time in March.

Pres weekend too soon? Feb 21

Well, I tried to start my bike last week with no success. I suppose I'm going to have some fun when it comes spring time if I get to ride! If I had the proper motivation to get out into that cold ass garage and check my valves, clean the carb, check my plug, and maybe I can determine the problem! But my southern ass thinks it's freezing cold when the temperature drops into the 40's. There aint no way I'll be going out there in that garage with no gloves on messing with a bunch of cold metal and cold oils around 20 degrees! Now the carb, I can do that in my basement. :smirk:

Today? Let er sit in the garage while me and my neighboor raced CRF50's on the backyard track. Why? Its snowy and slippery, no clutch to break! :P

Took it out rode the piss out of it. Dented my new head pipe:cry:. Gave her a bath, and called the local shop to find out when and how much to repair it.