What did you do to your bike today?

Ya know what? I was just thinking how mid 80's Honda's always had the most comfy brake and clutch levers and the best oem grips:thumb:..... I wish you could still get them..

You are SO right :thumb: I've ridden other bikes and to me and as big as my mitts are the Honda levers,grips and the whole feel of them combined just feels good :thumb:This little 350(I only call it little cuz I have a 600) impresses me to no end.Riding it yesterday almost felt like my 600,but with less weight.I can't wait to ride it again.BTW,I just created an account and ordered the front fender arched stickers WooHoo!!!!

You are SO right :thumb: I've ridden other bikes and to me and as big as my mitts are the Honda levers,grips and the whole feel of them combined just feels good :thumb:This little 350(I only call it little cuz I have a 600) impresses me to no end.Riding it yesterday almost felt like my 600,but with less weight.I can't wait to ride it again.BTW,I just created an account and ordered the front fender arched stickers WooHoo!!!!

my first bike was a 05 525sx and then TWS loaned me his 83 xr 350. I was looking at it expecting the worse and then was shocked at how good that bike is. Then in Ocotillo Wells i kept getting the old timers complementing me on how bad ass that bike is. putting up to date suspension on that bike would be so awesome.

I'm thinking just get it as close to original as possible,maybe new bars,chain,sprockets,front tire.Maybe a set of bark busters....nothing too serious,then ride the shit out of it :thumb:

Damn,supposed to be a reply to Travace

Not much. Pulled the radiator, fuel tank, seat, swing arm, carb, cables, wires, etc. couple more bolts and the motor will be out of it. Just changing the spark plug! :lol:

nothing to mine, but my little girls chinachink crap won't start so I pulled the carb and cleaned it and pulled the plug and it looks like a weak spark so I am getting a new plug today and I will see if it will start. if not then I will toss it and get a new one.

What :noidea: ain't that what your supposed to do with these little POS's?? :smirk:

nothing to mine, but my little girls chinachink crap won't start so I pulled the carb and cleaned it and pulled the plug and it looks like a weak spark so I am getting a new plug today and I will see if it will start. if not then I will toss it and get a new one.

What :noidea: ain't that what your supposed to do with these little POS's?? :smirk:

I've got 2 China POS's with no spark. When you go to the scrap yard to throw yours away, swing by my place, and you can take mine also. :thumb:

I did the annual cleaning / rebuild of the carb. But I can't rev the engine, or race down the street where I live, so no idea if I did it right. Did I leave out a part, put something in upside down, or???
Guess I will find out Saturday, my ride at The Rez might be all of ten feet...........

Ok so new plug was no help, now I am looking at the coil could be the problem. :foul: I hate working on these little POS you can't run to the local bike shop buy chit for these things. Anyone know how to test a coil? Do I do a Ohm/resistance test or voltage test?

SRAD97750

Staff member
OHM test. there are 2 coils to test on those ignitions. First test Ohms between the spark plug connector and ground, then the signal post to ground. One reading should be way higher than the other. If there is an open circuit or no resistance, the coil is bad. If that wasn't clear, post up... it's early for me...

OHM test. there are 2 coils to test on those ignitions. First test Ohms between the spark plug connector and ground, then the signal post to ground. One reading should be way higher than the other. If there is an open circuit or no resistance, the coil is bad. If that wasn't clear, post up... it's early for me...

Okay Biggie D, I found my problem and got the little thing fixed!!!:banana: It turns out that evidently the last time she rode it the coil wire laid up against the header pipe and burned it. So while I was removing to check I saw the burn and :bingo: so I cut and spliced the coil wire, which was better shorter now anyway, it won't touch the pipe now. I reinstalled it and bamm it fired up. :ride:

So after I got that going.... my sons number plates came in. Thanks to Yammadogyz for the info where to get them :thumb: I helped him install those. Here is what it looks like now.
2870d1305243850-yz85-build-dscf2631.jpg

see the DBA sticker on the stand :smirk: but next i will be putting on new tires on my wifes bike. :cry: when do I get to work on my bike, not that it needs anything but some love..

Let's see...didn't nuttin today but tomorrow...1st I'm gonna filler, twist it once or twice choke her then kick her...........then when I'm done doing that I'll start my bike! :smirk:...:rant: I know not funny... Gonna ride.....................:ride::ride::ride: