What did you do to your bike today?

The rear is an IRC M5B. This will be my first time with it. The internet seems to love this tire and the knobs are gnarley. It’s a soft terrain tire and that’s what I ride, so I’ll try it out.
I’ve been running the Golden Tyre up front and really like it. I use the fatty 90/100x21. It works great in the soft stuff and on the boulders. Holds a line while turning and inspires a lot of confidence. The last one was worn down to marbles and still performed well.

Scrub in time. Trying to get a break, I had to start telling my customers emergency only service requests will be scheduled, but it seems everyfreakinthing is an emergency. Last time I had more than 4 days off in a row I was on a cruise ship. I need to cash in on this pandamec before it wears off and I’m out of excuses. Put a couple hunnerd miles on today.
Went to the city
aSQYorS.jpg

then the country

hKbcfp5.jpg

I put some social distance on in a hurry

Scrub in time. Trying to get a break, I had to start telling my customers emergency only service requests will be scheduled, but it seems everyfreakinthing is an emergency. Last time I had more than 4 days off in a row I was on a cruise ship. I need to cash in on this pandamec before it wears off and I’m out of excuses. Put a couple hunnerd miles on today.
Went to the city
aSQYorS.jpg

then the country

hKbcfp5.jpg

I put some social distance on in a hurry
:thumb:
Nice.....I still see a 2" chicken stripe.....:smirk: :poke:

Yeah yeah. I did go out to some dbl yellow blacktop twistys today and here we go.. came across a Ferrari and lambo out there stretching their legs. They could not shake me! We blew by a constable in a tarus at 100+ and he just let us go. I thought for sure we were busted. I don’t know if he didn’t think he could catch us or didn’t want to bother but I feel pretty lucky either way :hifive:
It used to take a $180,000 dollar sports car to outrun my bike..

Wish I had “local canyons” best I can do is rural blacktop. Good, but not great.
Swapping the sporty tire I look over and the kxf tire is flat. Bubble test schrader valve pass so I pull it and found a pinch. Patched it aired up and found another pinch.
rookie :stick:

at least it wasn’t on the bike yet. I blame those stupid Michelin carcass I never have as much trouble with Dunlop’s.
I can pinch ANY new tube! Size or brand does not matter. I'm getting damn good at it :banghead:

Try not to go any farther on prybar than needed . , over 90° on bar will shurley pinch tube . I use a solution of Dawn liquid soap , heavy on the soap , in a spray bottle to lube tube and tire ... Bead Buddy also helps ......

qmk61iB.jpg

‘14 YZ250F valves tightened up almost .10mm in the last 5h so I figured pop the hood. Lots of pitting after mild cleaning. 117h total
Cyl has a few surface scratches but for +$30 I can have a new one on my porch vs send for a replate. Already have a new lump I bought 2 years ago. Can buy a crate engine for my car for less than the bike what the fuck is up with that?

Last edited:
OK open the box that I kept all my engine parts in today just for giggles, and my effing cams were converted with rust. When I held the cam cap in my hand I kept the cap and bearing retainer clip inside my glove and pulled the rubber glove inside out. Tossed it in a container with my cams. Looks like the salt from my sweat got on the cams and ruined the motherfuckers. They were perfect going in the bucket back in may.
A1Pfl7X.jpg

fKmrWLY.jpg

RH lobe in the second pic is after i hit it with a wire brush to test the extent of the damage. It’s fucked.

Last edited:
OK open the box that I kept all my engine parts in today just for giggles, and my effing cams were converted with rust. When I held the cam cap in my hand I kept the cap and bearing retainer clip inside my glove and pulled the rubber glove inside out. Tossed it in a container with my cams. Looks like the salt from my sweat got on the cams and ruined the motherfuckers. They were perfect going in the bucket back in may.
A1Pfl7X.jpg

fKmrWLY.jpg

RH lobe in the second pic is after i hit it with a wire brush to test the extent of the damage. It’s fucked.