What boot do you recommend

Ok, so I am looking at some new boots for my son on his up coming B-day. I only want to spend about 100 bucks or so. I have already got him a gear bag and some other crap. Yeah I know he is spoiled brat. Anyway, I Have been looking at the Fox, Oneals and Moose and they all seem to about the same but just want to know if there are any that are worse than others. Or if you know of another one to mention. I know 100 bucks ain't much for boot :blah::blah::blah: but he will only be 11 and is no pro rider. If I could find a 25 dollar ebay deal like I did on his current Alpinestars that he's growing out of I would. I would rather go new on his birthday tho.

James

Staff member
A $100 budget doesn't give you a lot of options.....I think you already know what I would say :blah::blah::blah:, so I'm just going to shut-up. :thumb:

A $100 budget doesn't give you a lot of options.....I think you already know what I would say :blah::blah::blah:, so I'm just going to shut-up. :thumb:

sure it does,,I found half dozen boots that are in the 70-100 range just don't want one the is worse than another and that is just from what I found browsing around. I just figure there has to be somebody out there that doesn't throw their kid into some tech10's at age 11 if he even isnt' racing. I don't know maybe I"m a wrong.

James

Staff member
sure it does,,I found half dozen boots that are in the 70-100 range just don't want one the is worse than another and that is just from what I found browsing around. I just figure there has to be somebody out there that doesn't throw their kid into some tech10's at age 11 if he even isnt' racing. I don't know maybe I"m a wrong.
:noidea: The more $$$ the more protection. Does he jump (MX) or just ride around, you can't really go by if he races or not. Heck about everyone that I know, that's hurt, was during practice.

:noidea: The more $$$ the more protection. Does he jump (MX) or just ride around, you can't really go by if he races or not. Heck about everyone that I know, that's hurt, was during practice.
Im willing to bet my boots are more supportive than your t7 :shocked: Actually I have worn both, and my mx240v are more flexible(hinged) and supportive, although I like both...

I know the value of protection, I won't let him even ride unless he has all his gear on. trust me I wish I could afford the best of everything especially when it comes to my child and yes he jumps although his bike is more scared of heights than mine.:smirk: I wouldn't put him in some Chinese knock off either, although everything is made in china these days, I guess I would say I won't put him in a 10 dollar Chinese knock off and watch him jump 100 footers. I am just trying to put him in something that offers some decent protection for the year or two he will be in the boot if that. Kids grow faster than weeds. Can you imagine buying a set of tech 10's every time they grow another size?

James

Staff member
I know the value of protection, I won't let him even ride unless he has all his gear on. trust me I wish I could afford the best of everything especially when it comes to my child and yes he jumps although his bike is more scared of heights than mine.:smirk: I wouldn't put him in some Chinese knock off either, although everything is made in china these days, I guess I would say I won't put him in a 10 dollar Chinese knock off and watch him jump 100 footers. I am just trying to put him in something that offers some decent protection for the year or two he will be in the boot if that. Kids grow faster than weeds. Can you imagine buying a set of tech 10's every time they grow another size?
:lol: No and I don't want to, heck it cost me to much on just myself as it is. :foul:

Garene SG10's!
if you look and take your time during the off season, you can find slightly used boots for dirt cheap (relatively) I just bought a pair of sg10's that had been worn once in the guys garage for 100 bucks :thumb:
good luck

Garene SG10's!
if you look and take your time during the off season, you can find slightly used boots for dirt cheap (relatively) I just bought a pair of sg10's that had been worn once in the guys garage for 100 bucks :thumb:
good luck

who wouldn't love a good set of them, but I think finding a pair for my 10 soon to 11yo boy would be next to impossible. Like the tech10's way out of my price range.:thumb: