What boot do you recommend

sure it does,,I found half dozen boots that are in the 70-100 range just don't want one the is worse than another and that is just from what I found browsing around. I just figure there has to be somebody out there that doesn't throw their kid into some tech10's at age 11 if he even isnt' racing. I don't know maybe I"m a wrong.

for this price range its hard to beat msr.
I've never had moose boots, but all of their other stuff I liked

DO NOT GET HIM CHEAP MOOSE BOOTS! My buddy says that after less that a couple months they are worse than tennis shoes! I know nothing about Oneals. I seriously reccomend FOX Comp 5's. They are around 165-179$ New I think but mine held up super well, leather, short break in time, durable, and comfortable. Whenever the straps get a little tough WD-40 them up and they are better than new!

DO NOT GET HIM CHEAP MOOSE BOOTS! My buddy says that after less that a couple months they are worse than tennis shoes! I know nothing about Oneals. I seriously reccomend FOX Comp 5's. They are around 165-179$ New I think but mine held up super well, leather, short break in time, durable, and comfortable. Whenever the straps get a little tough WD-40 them up and they are better than new!
Thanks :YD I went and seen a pair of moose today and got that same cheap feeling. I also went and seen some Fox and Oneals. Fox seem better but about $30 more. I think so far, I am going with the Fox 5's unless someone else chimes in and says they are junk.

Thanks :YD I went and seen a pair of moose today and got that same cheap feeling. I also went and seen some Fox and Oneals. Fox seem better but about $30 more. I think so far, I am going with the Fox 5's unless someone else chimes in and says they are junk.

Another friend has a pair of Tech 8's I think, one of the techs but he tore the whole side of it just on a landing. I don't trust them a whole lot either

Another friend has a pair of Tech 8's I think, one of the techs but he tore the whole side of it just on a landing. I don't trust them a whole lot either

I have Tech'8s and have the bottom catch on the foot peg all the time. I have glued and rescrewed the bottoms a few times..not impressed with Alpinestars...I traded a $400 bow for them and they where in great shape but still already looking for a new pair for myself.

I have had a pair of oneil boots for about 5 years and havent falling apart at all.The buckels stay latched and have never broke.My boys had a pair of oneal boots for 3 or four years after they grew out of thier kiddy A stars. The boots never fell apart.Thier buckels used to come unattched once in awhile. Could of been operator era.:smirk: The oneal line offers fair protection and comfortable boot at a good price.

Got my son a pair of these for his birthday for around a 100.00 on sale or something. These are nice looking and made fairly well and are comfortable from the get go. I don't think they offer the same protection as the oneils.
gx1_images.jpg

My wife scored a almost brand new pair of tech 10s for the other kid from a patient at her P/T office from a guy who was done riding for a bit.:cripple: 25.00 :thumb:
Like the guys said if you shop or snipe you can find a good high end boot if you want for a great price. If his boot is a size or two big he can wear more socks and grow into the boot if you bought a decent high end boot for the great protection or bling factor. Oneils will work fine too.:thumb:

Me I'm fine in my 5 year old comffie oneals but a pair og sg12's would be nice. I'm not saying.:smirk:

:BS:

I have a pair of moose that I abuse($100 ones too so it pertains to the thread) like walking in horse pee, crap, walk through and ride through rivers(hours of submersion) on top of excessive summer riding and have had em for almost a year now and they're holding up great:thumb:

My son has had Fox and some others. They grow out of them so fast he really never wears them out. He now has Alpinestars Tech 4 and he loves them. I have the Tech 7's and they are one of the most comfortable boots I have worn. They seem very durable and so far the buckles are perfect. I got my 7's on Ebay for $125 and they were new. :banana:

My son has had Fox and some others. They grow out of them so fast he really never wears them out. He now has Alpinestars Tech 4 and he loves them. I have the Tech 7's and they are one of the most comfortable boots I have worn. They seem very durable and so far the buckles are perfect. I got my 7's on Ebay for $125 and they were new. :banana:
Tech 4 fall apart...:shocked: