What boot do you recommend

I have had a pair of oneil boots for about 5 years and havent falling apart at all.The buckels stay latched and have never broke.My boys had a pair of oneal boots for 3 or four years after they grew out of thier kiddy A stars. The boots never fell apart.Thier buckels used to come unattched once in awhile. Could of been operator era.:smirk: The oneal line offers fair protection and comfortable boot at a good price.

Got my son a pair of these for his birthday for around a 100.00 on sale or something. These are nice looking and made fairly well and are comfortable from the get go. I don't think they offer the same protection as the oneils.
gx1_images.jpg

My wife scored a almost brand new pair of tech 10s for the other kid from a patient at her P/T office from a guy who was done riding for a bit.:cripple: 25.00 :thumb:
Like the guys said if you shop or snipe you can find a good high end boot if you want for a great price. If his boot is a size or two big he can wear more socks and grow into the boot if you bought a decent high end boot for the great protection or bling factor. Oneils will work fine too.:thumb:

Me I'm fine in my 5 year old comffie oneals but a pair og sg12's would be nice. I'm not saying.:smirk:

I've been snipe hunting before...hunting guide actually :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:...never had anything to do with boots though...:devil:

I bought a pair of Oneil's a couple of years ago for a big trip. They lasted that one week and were toast! I took no major soil samples, just a couple of low speed dirt naps, but the leather on the boots ripped and and the seams were coming apart. JMO: Avoid cheap boots. I'd spend the money on a good quality used pair than a cheap new pair. The kid's gonna grow out of them in a year anyway. You can resell a good quality used pair on Ebay for close to what you got them for (used), while a used cheap pair won't sell.

Side note: My friends kids are growing like crazy and like to ski. Buying a new pair of boots every year is expensive as hell. There are stores that specialize in selling used sporting gear. Typically, they have lots of kids and junior stuff that is in great shape and cents on the $. They trade in last year's size for this years size, plus a couple of bucks, and the kid has boots that fit.

I bought a pair of Oneil's a couple of years ago for a big trip. They lasted that one week and were toast! I took no major soil samples, just a couple of low speed dirt naps, but the leather on the boots ripped and and the seams were coming apart. JMO: Avoid cheap boots. I'd spend the money on a good quality used pair than a cheap new pair. The kid's gonna grow out of them in a year anyway. You can resell a good quality used pair on Ebay for close to what you got them for (used), while a used cheap pair won't sell.

Side note: My friends kids are growing like crazy and like to ski. Buying a new pair of boots every year is expensive as hell. There are stores that specialize in selling used sporting gear. Typically, they have lots of kids and junior stuff that is in great shape and cents on the $. They trade in last year's size for this years size, plus a couple of bucks, and the kid has boots that fit.

Yeah, I bought him a used pair already and while they were nice. I don't really want to buy him a used pair for his birthday. Nothing like opening up a b-day present and having mud fall out or scuffs all over something you have never even worn. He will be 11yo next week and while maybe you and I can appreciate the value of a good used boot, the kids see it as,,,, well...used. I think I found a nice pair of Fox comp 5's that will work great for him. They are $130 right now but go on sale Thursday so I will get them for $115.
fox_kidscmp5orbts_blk_MD.jpg

Looks like you found what you were looking for! :thumb:

Next year, get him something different that he can open up and be brand new. Then just conserve your bucks and buy and clean up a cheap pair of quality boots and give it to him with no fan-fair. JMO!

Ok, so last minute change, I showed him the boots to make sure and he seen some others he like better plus they came with free pair of boot/knee brace socks so he got this instead. Ofcourse he doesn't get them till next Thursday and he won't get to wear them till all this flippin cold weather is gone but none the less i pull the hammer and got them.
onl_10_elmntpstn_bt_bkwht_MD.jpg

Ok, so last minute change, I showed him the boots to make sure and he seen some others he like better plus they came with free pair of boot/knee brace socks so he got this instead. Ofcourse he doesn't get them till next Thursday and he won't get to wear them till all this flippin cold weather is gone but none the less i pull the hammer and got them.

Those are nice, they're leather, IMO it's way better than plastic! I have a pair of under armor knee socks set aside for racing. Also an underarmor shirt I wear under my sweatshirt in AX in the winter. The socks are sooooo worth it. Load them up with gold bond before you leave, it makes them feel better yet, and your feet stay dry:thumb:

Those are nice, they're leather, IMO it's way better than plastic! I have a pair of under armor knee socks set aside for racing. Also an underarmor shirt I wear under my sweatshirt in AX in the winter. The socks are sooooo worth it. Load them up with gold bond before you leave, it makes them feel better yet, and your feet stay dry:thumb:
plastic is rigid and provides great protection and support. Mine have leather, with a plastic shell on the outside....

:prof: Warm oven and put the boots in it for about 5-10 mins at 170* (keep an eye on them!)make sure you fit the boots and all the straps are tight before putting them in the oven. ( should be snug wth MX socks on.) remove from oven and immediately strap them on and walk around for 15+ mins. the boot will fit better and break in sooner