Weathergeek's new adventure: J & B's Grill and BBQ in Frazier Park

Good morning all. Most of you that know me, know that I love to cook. A buddy approached me about opening a restaurant here where I live in Frazier Park in addition to my day job. What free time? In 5 weeks we open with a menu that includes kicked up burgers, dogs, pulled pork, ribs, tri tip, custom salads, fried chicken, wings and deep fried twinkies.:thumb:

DAM YOU! Why must we live so far apart from each other. All that sounds like my favorite meals. If I can, I will be there opening night for sure....

We did a tasting last night at the house and it went over GREAT. Forgot to mention mac and cheese with bacon too along with handcut fries, hand battered onion rings and sweet potato fries.:prof:

Sleep is overrated right? Uggh. It will be in Lake of the Woods or about 2-3 miles west of the flashing light in Frazier Park on the main road, Frazier Mountain Park Rd.

Hopefully hope to get the OHV crowd, the supermoto crowd and Harley crowd as the restaurant is on the northern end of a popular loop out of L.A.

Sounds outstanding Dub-G! I'd love to do something like that. Are the start-up costs enormous? Here's to great success:cheers:
Basically fell into this for pennies on the dollar due to another pizza joint where the owner was young and couldn't hack the hours. Spent all weekend doing 2 tastings for friends to nail the menu down.

i caught wind of this on FB about a week ago... :thumb: good stuff. cant wait till the next time im in your woods riding so i can stop by this place .... maybe this summer

I too am jealous..... I had been in talks with a friend of mine whio at one time owend and oeprated a "tavern" in Boston years ago. He gave it up when he moved out here and has been wanting to open another place. He thought that with my BBQ/Smoking abilities and his bar running abilties we coudl pull this off..the question was WHERE. As with Geek's expected clientel we would want to cater to the same however where we live is not necessarly a destination point rather than a starting point. Besides that Now that I have my current job and putting in the hours that I do, I tend to enjoy my time off on the weekends.

Geek,
I only hope and wish for the best with your place...as I said I AM jealous! You ought to do another TASTE test...try smoking a Butt and before it's almost done stick it in the deep frier to crisp it up....... I just thought of this. I did the deep fry pat and it was amazing...seasoned the oil with a few jalepeno pickles, garlic and onions .... reserve them for later use in a salsa DAMN it's tasty

That's all you're getting from me!

REZ

Geek, that is exciting news. You mentioned this over Pres Day Weekend and my wife and I are both envious that you are able to pull this off. She is always dreaming of doing something like this but you my friend are the one to pull it off as we know nothing of how to go about it and our jobs take too much time and I am a big :chicken: I will be there on the Harley for the excitement. :thumb: