All Weathergeek's and IrisHill's f**ked up Friday and Saturday.

:lol::lol::lol:

That is a good one CDA.

Actually when in poor reception areas texting is a better way to get a message through. The phone will continue to try and send the text message until it succeeds. I have used this technique to get a message through when I was not able to make a voice call.

That is a good one CDA.

Actually when in poor reception areas texting is a better way to get a message through. The phone will continue to try and send the text message until it succeeds. I have used this technique to get a message through when I was not able to make a voice call.
Great, way to support the teenagers...:P

That is a good one CDA.

Great, way to support the teenagers...:P

Well....he is only 48 for goodness sake! :smirk:

Glad to hear he is ok. Sorry to tell you this probably wont be the last thing he does that isnt too smart. i got a whole bunch of stories that i did to my parents when I was younger. Living in the area that he does probably saved his life. I bet some young kid living here by the beach probably would panic and freak out. Just glad to hear he is home.

James

Staff member
I was just going to say that. :P But I'm sure that he didn't feel like talking to mom right then either. :lol:

I apologize to the dirt bike addict community for my delayed response. My wife and I are still emotionally recovering from last weekend.

I want to thank all the people that stayed with us and helped us search for Ryan all night Friday and into Saturday. The outpouring of help was amazing - and needed.

We also thank the Kern County Sheriff's deputies and the Kern County Search & Rescue for their assistance.

Denise & I can only hope that everybody reading this post will take the time to mentor our younger riders just how dangerous bad riding decisions can be. Our son went riding alone, told no one, was ill equipped, and was in an area that gets below freezing every night. He was extremely lucky he survived the night.

Our personal range of emotions last Friday night went from pissed off to concern, then freaking out, then extreme depression thinking our son was gone. I can only hope that none of us ever has to experience what we went through.

Ryan is very fortunate that he didn't freeze to death. It was 24 degrees out last friday night when I was out looking for him.

Many of you have joked and razzed about how we will punish him. I guess when the elation of seeing him alive wears down, my wife and I will address that.

We miss the desert and riding with all the "addicts". We can't wait to get back out and see all of you.

Ryan knows he will have to endure a heaping stack of shit for his poor decisions. Denise and I can only hope that the serious lesson of responsible riding gets imprinted into the minds of our younger riders.

Thanks everyone,

Peter - Irish Hill

Man, what a story! :shocked:
Glad he is okay man!
Makes me want to get a SPOT since I ride alone 90% of the time.

And what's it's gonna take to get a invite from you two?
I freaking love the LPNF but don't know anybody who knows the trails.

Man, what a story! :shocked:
Glad he is okay man!
Makes me want to get a SPOT since I ride alone 90% of the time.

And what's it's gonna take to get a invite from you two?
I freaking love the LPNF but don't know anybody who knows the trails.

WG's in decompression right now TBS - he won't be riding for a while - I think he's got a new bionic knee or something. :thumb:

He is very lucky and this is a lesson for all involved and reading. Lets face it, some adults do dumb things as well. In fact, I know this girl who has rode alone:devil: total idiotic:naughty: move! This just reminds me, and that is a good thing.

What an ordeal to say the least! Glad it turned out ok.