Amatuer Virginia City Grand Prix

Nope, but I believe he sent in the form for Sat and this only Exp and Am. Only Trav can answer how he ended up in the expert class, but I believe he did that to not be stuck with Nov and Beg.:noidea:
Ok, me no comprehend but will leave it at that. Props to getting your first of hopefully many finishers pin.
Me, I raced the LCMC Enduro last year as my 1st race ever but in the Novice class. 1st in class of a out 25, beat a lot of Ammies. Then went into retirement, going out on top. :smirk: :thumb:

Ok, me no comprehend but will leave it at that. Props to getting your first of hopefully many finishers pin.
Me, I raced the LCMC Enduro last year as my 1st race ever but in the Novice class. 1st in class of a out 25, beat a lot of Ammies. Then went into retirement, going out on top. :smirk: :thumb:
That is the way to do it, come from no where, destroy the class and slip out without a trace...:thumb:[/quote]

Why would they put you in the expert class if this was your first race?
cause i signed up for it :lol:

seriously tho i was lied to and p[eople told me im the pace of expert..lol NO but it said no sandbagging so i signed up as expert. they gave me the option to change it but considering i had 0 expectation of placing in this race and the fact that expert and amature race at the same time lined up next to each other i figured why not go for the glory and keep it expert as it doesnt really matter since you are all in it at the same time anyway.

its the best way for me to lean anyhow... jump right into the deep end... when i learned to snowboard i was taken to the top of the mountain and told heel toe and left :lol: i learned fast. with dirtbikes i got a 525 for my first bike.. learned to respect the bike fast :lol:

seriously tho i was lied to and p[eople told me im the pace of expert..lol NO but it said no sandbagging so i signed up as expert. they gave me the option to change it but considering i had 0 expectation of placing in this race and the fact that expert and amature race at the same time lined up next to each other i figured why not go for the glory and keep it expert as it doesnt really matter since you are all in it at the same time anyway.

its the best way for me to lean anyhow... jump right into the deep end... when i learned to snowboard i was taken to the top of the mountain and told heel toe and left :lol: i learned fast. with dirtbikes i got a 525 for my first bike.. learned to respect the bike fast :lol:
Yeah someone was effing with you I guess:noidea: . I definatley wouldn't sign up as a beginner, that's why I signed up as a Novice. The AMAD37 site pretty much guided me in that direction. Hey, you got your finisher pin and the designation of EXP by your name:thumb:

seriously tho i was lied to and p[eople told me im the pace of expert.

Who lied to you??? It certainly wasnt me. I told you where you should have been, but I believe that was after I found out you had actually registered to race. You definitely dove in head first. But if you choose to do it again next year I think you should try the novice class. There are plenty of fast riders to bang handle bars with, and you may actually be able to get in more than one lap with out worry of getting run over by the Pros.

By the way this is what happens to riders that try to ride with the big boys. I know it could happen to anybody but I think this guy was way over his head.

VCGP Casualty.jpg

Me too. Except I will stick with the novice class. And I too will be better prepared also. Well I say that now for the health and bike part. The knowledge part, I got that. I know what I can and cant do, when I can and should not do it. Thats why I lived through sunday. Just like you lived through Saturday. Knowledge!!!!!:prof:

Me too. Except I will stick with the novice class. And I too will be better prepared also. Well I say that now for the health and bike part. The knowledge part, I got that. I know what I can and cant do, when I can and should not do it. Thats why I lived through sunday. Just like you lived through Saturday. Knowledge!!!!!:prof:
yea but if i had known i could have done so much better.

my inexperience proved itself in the first dirt corner. I could have easily passed that dude after but i got all excited. on that first choke point hill climb i should have just killed my bike at the bottom and waited cause there is no way im getting past that line. but no i sit in the line and overheat my bike half way up... so now i have to wait anyway and its way harder to get up starting from the middle.

I should have got to the race way earlier so i didnt kill my battery going here and there not knowing what im doing... as well as tendered my battery the night before... all stupid shit that made the ride 50% more harder... i spent so much energy and time just trying to start my bike in sutro. the fact that my bike was being bitchy about starting was my deciding factor on not going back out.

yea but if i had known i could have done so much better.

my inexperience proved itself in the first dirt corner. I could have easily passed that dude after but i got all excited. on that first choke point hill climb i should have just killed my bike at the bottom and waited cause there is no way im getting past that line. but no i sit in the line and overheat my bike half way up... so now i have to wait anyway and its way harder to get up starting from the middle.

I should have got to the race way earlier so i didnt kill my battery going here and there not knowing what im doing... as well as tendered my battery the night before... all stupid shit that made the ride 50% more harder... i spent so much energy and time just trying to start my bike in sutro. the fact that my bike was being bitchy about starting was my deciding factor on not going back out.
You all ways learn different stuff at each race race you go to. It took a couple years for me to get a proper routine together.