Amatuer Virginia City Grand Prix

So yesterday my brother goes out for a training ride for the title of this thread. I was gonna go with him but I had chores to do. So anyways he swings by my place to see if he can change my mind. No dice, as I really needed to get those chores done. Anyways he tells me what route he is taking (for safety sake) and leaves. About 20-30 min later I get a call on my phone, its my brother. "Hey can you come get me. Im on the ridge line behind the house's. Im fine but the bike is F'd. Its stuck in first gear, the shifter peg is peeled back and Ive lost all my oil. But I can just pull clutch in and coast it down the hill meet me in the wash between the ridge and the rock quarry." So I load up the ramps and head out. 10 min later I find my brother covered in sweat pushing his bike down the wash. We do an inspection and I get the story. Long story short he pranged the shifter which drove the shift shaft across the gear box and pushed the shift dog up against the case cover and broke out a 50Cent size hole in the right side case cover. :thumbsdown:

So I was going to go to the race and pit for my buddy Sam, and ride sweeper on Sunday while my brother raced. Now we dont want his non refundable entry to go to waste. So I guess Im racing in his place. :ride::banana:. Im just hoping for no:crash:, and :cripple:. Here is a little teaser from last year. http://vimeo.com/63495043

:thumb: Good luck 2Smoke, watch out for Trav up there. Maybe a little DBA bar banging.

Im starting so far in front of him unless he REALLY hauls ass I probably wont even see him on the course. The Race number dictates what row you start in. 10 bikes per row Im #280. Trav is #402. But if he catches me. I'll be more than happy to let him go by..

Im starting so far in front of him unless he REALLY hauls ass I probably wont even see him on the course. The Race number dictates what row you start in. 10 bikes per row Im #280. Trav is #402. But if he catches me. I'll be more than happy to let him go by..
:thinking: Sounds like a challenge. Isn't this like a 4 hr race?

It is on Saturday for the Pro and Experts. The Armatures and Novice race on Sunday and I if I remember correctly its only 3 hours.

It is on Saturday for the Pro and Experts. The Armatures and Novice race on Sunday and I if I remember correctly its only 3 hours.
Looking at the starting #'s for Sat, it looks like Pro (#1 - 100) and then all Exp/AM get lumped in together no matter what class/size you are running. Kind of odd. You would think that they would put it as Pro, Exp, Am in that order.

If you look at the Novice class, it goes in order. As for the EXP and AM class guys. They are pretty close in competition, for the most part. My brother could probably be in the AM class. But untill this year he as always procrastinated on getting his entry in early. If he had a good starting number he could easily finish in the top ten. And I think the top 5 automatically get advanced to the next higher class.

I need to find some kinda sponsorship though. My bike is ready to ride but I need some stuff to make it worthy. I'd like to have a new back tire, and some bark busters. But my current tire will be good enough and I can live with out the bark busters. But I really NEED a skid plate.

i need to call and see if i am exp or AM... it says exp but has a * next to my name.

so i am row 41. and as satated really dont matter if im am or exp as they start mixed together anyway...

ps i sent in my registration the day they were able too and got a higher start then 2smoke? fuckers.

Its not even my entry. Its my brothers. But he has also raced the VCGP for like the last 5 years. Supposedly its luck of the draw where your start position is. But............... Anyway my brother corked his bike and isnt able to race this year. So Im gonna use his entry. Where if I was going to do my plan. Id be starting in the back of back at the very end. But now Im kinda committed. I need to get some items for my bike before then. I would like to have a fresh rear tire, and some bark busters. But I need a damn skid plate.

Sounds like it should be a good time. Trav who are you taking to be your pit crew? The family?
Well if he indeed is racing in the exp or Amt class I could probably do it for him. But Id rather be out illegally pre riding the course. Umm uhhh I mean taking pictures on the course.

i really dont know. i got a buddy who just moved down here who knew a club up there that he said he could hook me up with but apparently not even the fam can pit for me cause my kids are too young so they will just be spectating.

Its called endurance my man. But Im doing it for the fun of it. Just to say that I did it. It wont be to much unlike any of my other rides which last about 3 hours or so. The only difference is that there will be A LOT of other riders on the trail with me. Some will be courteous, others not so much. But you will find that out on the trail too. All Im interested in is not breaking anything (me or the bike) and finishing. Will I be dead last? It could happen if I dont finish. I only have to complete one lap with in the 3 hour time frame and I get a finishers pin.

sounds like a good time. Idk how you guys race for 3 hours straight though :wow:
IMG_6155cs.jpg

gummy_worms__386391.jpg

711redbull.jpg