Tusk Mega Tire Iron

First off, this is one big tire iron, I doubt you will be carrying this while riding. 17 inches long, feels like it weighs about 2 pounds. This sucker has no problem muscling off any tire, Maxxis, Teraflex, whatever.
Only drawback is the spoon is a little thick, kinda tough sliding it between the tire and rim, but works great in conjunction with a couple of smaller spoons.
Although it is technically a tire iron, it would make a great weapon, grab the spoon end and the aluminum handle would crack a skull like a ripe watermelon. Just F.Y.I. not advocating violence against anyone.....
I know there are those of you who can change a tire with 2 sticks and a used tampon, and it isn't a "must have", but Rocky Mountain sometimes puts this item on sale for about 10 bucks, and it does make tire changes a little easier.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...d=8&keyword=MEGA+TIRE+IRON&prodFamilyId=20307

I got one for $7 when it was on sale back in June. It works great. I'll be putting it to the ultimate test this weekend. I'm going to try and change a truck tire. So far it has tackled any tire I have tried with ease.

thanks for this thread... ive been looking for something to do my tire when i buy a new one here soon.

What do you guys recommend for something to carry in a pack ? i remember seeing some orange ones but i dont know whats good and whats not.

I carry the Motion Pro cold rolled steel ones. The are not too heavy and work fine for me. It just barely fits in my tool bag. I think it is the shorter 8 1/2 inch one, but it may be the 11 inch version.
08-0003.jpg

thanks for this thread... ive been looking for something to do my tire when i buy a new one here soon.

What do you guys recommend for something to carry in a pack ? i remember seeing some orange ones but i dont know whats good and whats not.

I carry a couple of off brand spoons in my fender pack, sawed them off so they barely fit in the pack. my axle wrench can also be iron number 3. 2 irons is ok, 3 irons make life a lot simpler.
Also carry a small bar of hotel soap, the ones the size of a matchbook. that and some water from the camelback works great for lube.
For the tire you weenies, I know what you are thinking.......

I only carry a single tire iron. It is used for levering the tire. On that first bite I use the rounded end of a crescent wrench to hole the bead. I then remove the iron and use it to take the next bite. Works great and I have used this method many times.

I got one for $7 when it was on sale back in June. It works great. I'll be putting it to the ultimate test this weekend. I'm going to try and change a truck tire. So far it has tackled any tire I have tried with ease.

Why not take it to the local tire shop and have them mount it? Probably cost you a tip if anything....

Only if I can't do it. I just want to see if I can pull it off.

Be careful if it lets go...I've had one fly past my head once...I was leaning over to push down on it (away from me) when my hand slipped off the end and it flipped right over my shoulder....:shocked: