Tusk Mega Tire Iron

OK I finally did it. I changed two tires on my truck. No wimpy tires as these were 31 x 10.50 x 15's. I used only one tire iron. The Tusk tire iron was up to the task. I did cheat and used another tool to hold the bead after levering with the iron, but it was not a tire iron. I used a piece of 1/2 inch EMT tubing pounded flat at the bottom.

The only hard part was breaking the bead. I jumped on that tire for 30 minutes and nothing. I ended up using a bottle jack against my hitch receiver. After that it was almost like changing a motorcycle tire. I did take a bit more force. I was actually surprised how easy it was.

The Tusk tire iron gets an A+ from me.

The only hard part was breaking the bead. I jumped on that tire for 30 minutes and nothing. I ended up using a bottle jack against my hitch receiver. After that it was almost like changing a motorcycle tire. I did take a bit more force. I was actually surprised how easy it was.

The Tusk tire iron gets an A+ from me.

Just a quick tip on breaking a bead on the truck tire. Set the tire/rim flat on the ground and if you are lucky enough to have another vehical around drive up on the tire and get as close to the rim as possible and try to drive around the rim as much as you can. It will pop the tire right off the bead. I seen my dad do it tons of times and works like a champ.