Truck Tires

I have the factory Bridgestone 689's on my Tundra, getting close to replacement time. Any opinions on what to replace them with?
I like the BFG TA/AT's, was my tire of choice in my 4X4 days, but not sure if I want that aggressive a tire on a 2wd that does 90% asphalt.
Not rockcrawling, but would like something with a little stonger sidewall etc. Guessing a LT instead of a P series tire.
Ideas?

Michelin LTX M/S! They lasted for a long time on my 96 Cruiser about 45,000, just replaced them for new at Costco. Just ordered a set for my 06 Tacoma. I had the Cross Terrain 65,000 mile tire on it and they only lasted 35,000, too soft. Both trucks are 4X4 and the LTX M/S is a very nice tire. 853.00 bucks from Costco with the 70.00 discount. had to order them for both trucks.

I have been running with bridgestone desert duelers I get about 45 to 50k out of each set with proper rotation.

Ever since the Bridge joined the Fire I have stayed away from the DD. I ran them DD/AT for years on my 91 Toy, 4X4. They were the greatest tire back then, lightly aggressive, no road noise and they did last a long time on/off road. :ride: I do love the pattern on them still, but a friend had one fall apart so I went with the Mich.

Nitto Terragrapplers

+1 for these tires :thumb: i'm running 325/60R18's they're a little over 33"x12.5"

IMG_0582.jpg

Just dropped these on my truck and I like them so far. Goodyear Duratrac. Quiter then the Goodyear MT/R's that I had on. I am running a 315/75-16 all the way around.

4793-new-drua-trac.jpg

Just dropped these on my truck and I like them so far. Goodyear Duratrac. Quiter then the Goodyear MT/R's that I had on. I am running a 315/75-16 all the way around.

4793-new-drua-trac.jpg
The Duratracs last forever. I have a buddy that has them on his truck. He has 35,000 on them and they are still at 50% or so.

4793-new-drua-trac.jpg

Don't mean to hijack but I did...:P...Any idea comparing these to BFG A/T's? I'm going to need some soon fo my 2500. I have BFG's on my Bronco, it's loud but I blame it on the headers and shorty exhaust not the tires :smirk:. My son works for Goodyear so I can get a deal......

Don't mean to hijack but I did...:P...Any idea comparing these to BFG A/T's? I'm going to need some soon fo my 2500. I have BFG's on my Bronco, it's loud but I blame it on the headers and shorty exhaust not the tires :smirk:. My son works for Goodyear so I can get a deal......
Mud Terrain or All Terrain A/T's? I had a set up my old Toyota Tacoma, but not on the big truck. My buddies run the all terrains and like them.

I need some new tires as well for my truck. When I got my last set I was low on cash I got some tires that were on the less expensive side. I was not expecting much, but boy was I surprised. They have lasted 65,000 miles and that is longer that I have ever had a tire last on any vehicle.

They are Kuhmo KL78's. Not overly aggressive and they sure lasted for me.
71_WebPhotoAdditional2.jpg
kumho-AT-section.jpg

I need some new tires as well for my truck. When I got my last set I was low on cash I got some tires that were on the less expensive side. I was not expecting much, but boy was I surprised. They have lasted 65,000 miles and that is longer that I have ever had a tire last on any vehicle.

They are Kuhmo KL78's. Not overly aggressive and they sure lasted for me.
kumho-AT_small.jpg
kumho-AT-section.jpg

Yeah those tires are great too... My dads running them on his Powerstroke :thumb:

Mud Terrain or All Terrain A/T's? I had a set up my old Toyota Tacoma, but not on the big truck. My buddies run the all terrains and like them.

All terrains...it's a waste too They only have MAYBE 1000 miles on them sitting on an old Bronco that gets used a few times a year. I'd swap em with the one's on my Chevy in a heart beat if the rim size were the same.