Truck Tires

I need some new tires as well for my truck. When I got my last set I was low on cash I got some tires that were on the less expensive side. I was not expecting much, but boy was I surprised. They have lasted 65,000 miles and that is longer that I have ever had a tire last on any vehicle.

They are Kuhmo KL78's. Not overly aggressive and they sure lasted for me.
71_WebPhotoAdditional2.jpg
kumho-AT-section.jpg

If you don't mind me asking what they ran you?

i will be checking this thread when its time to replace my stock tires... i want something more offroad
for an offroad heavy truck I would for sure give general grabbers a try. The nittos may do ok on the highway, and without having ran them myself, I must say that on the 4x4 board I visit they are viewed as "Princess truck" tires

Just bought a new set for my Tacoma on tirerack.com a few minutes ago and then saw this thread. I got the BFG AT KOs to replace the BFG Rugged Trails on there now (stock). The Rugged Trails were nice all around especially for mostly pavement but still offroad capable.

Problem with them Kumho tires is they have a limited size choice. Could not find the P265/65R17 So Michelin is what I fell back on. LTX M/S 2. Nice tires to dam much $$$. :cry: I had to put tires on two trucks in the past two months. 850.00 each truck. My squish is getting grim. Time to sell a kid.

If you don't mind me asking what they ran you?

A was already noted, those tires are not available in all sizes.

I ran 31x10.50/15's and they were only $95 a tire. I've found them at TireRack.com for $116ea and the shipping was just under $60 for four. That's not too bad.

A was already noted, those tires are not available in all sizes.

I ran 31x10.50/15's and they were only $95 a tire. I've found them at TireRack.com for $116ea and the shipping was just under $60 for four. That's not too bad.

I paid about $100 for my off brand tires...they're not bad...lasted me 30k+ and are about 1/2 gone. Thanks

I need some new tires as well for my truck. When I got my last set I was low on cash I got some tires that were on the less expensive side. I was not expecting much, but boy was I surprised. They have lasted 65,000 miles and that is longer that I have ever had a tire last on any vehicle.

They are Kuhmo KL78's. Not overly aggressive and they sure lasted for me.
71_WebPhotoAdditional2.jpg
kumho-AT-section.jpg
you sir just determined what Im putting on my amigo once its lifted
thank you

I just put a new set of Bridgestone Desert Duelers on my truck.

Now my daughter calls and needs tires on her car too............ :picard: Oh wait I should be excited that I get to buy her some tires right :banana::banana: :smirk:

I just put a new set of Bridgestone Desert Duelers on my truck.

Now my daughter calls and needs tires on her car too............ :picard: Oh wait I should be excited that I get to buy her some tires right :banana::banana: :smirk:

Now Rack, you know want her to be safe on the road ways.

Lookin for some new tires for my new Tundra also. Why in the hell would Toyota put crappy street tires on a 4x4 delivered to my area? :bonk: Anyway looking towards Firestone Destination A/Ts or General Grabber 2s (both on tirerack.com). Never have liked Firestones and thanks to them and the idiot Clinton we now have those blasted TPMS on every new auto. :banghead: Neighbor has Generals (dont recall which) and likes them but he tows heavy long loads over the mountains so he got a heavy tire which I dont need.... Wish Michelin made the Traction in 18inch.