Truck Tires

I have the factory Bridgestone 689's on my Tundra, getting close to replacement time. Any opinions on what to replace them with?
I like the BFG TA/AT's, was my tire of choice in my 4X4 days, but not sure if I want that aggressive a tire on a 2wd that does 90% asphalt.
Not rockcrawling, but would like something with a little stonger sidewall etc. Guessing a LT instead of a P series tire.
Ideas?

Michelin LTX M/S! They lasted for a long time on my 96 Cruiser about 45,000, just replaced them for new at Costco. Just ordered a set for my 06 Tacoma. I had the Cross Terrain 65,000 mile tire on it and they only lasted 35,000, too soft. Both trucks are 4X4 and the LTX M/S is a very nice tire. 853.00 bucks from Costco with the 70.00 discount. had to order them for both trucks.

I have been running with bridgestone desert duelers I get about 45 to 50k out of each set with proper rotation.

Ever since the Bridge joined the Fire I have stayed away from the DD. I ran them DD/AT for years on my 91 Toy, 4X4. They were the greatest tire back then, lightly aggressive, no road noise and they did last a long time on/off road. :ride: I do love the pattern on them still, but a friend had one fall apart so I went with the Mich.

i will be checking this thread when its time to replace my stock tires... i want something more offroad

Just dropped these on my truck and I like them so far. Goodyear Duratrac. Quiter then the Goodyear MT/R's that I had on. I am running a 315/75-16 all the way around.

Just dropped these on my truck and I like them so far. Goodyear Duratrac. Quiter then the Goodyear MT/R's that I had on. I am running a 315/75-16 all the way around.

The Duratracs last forever. I have a buddy that has them on his truck. He has 35,000 on them and they are still at 50% or so.

Don't mean to hijack but I did...:P...Any idea comparing these to BFG A/T's? I'm going to need some soon fo my 2500. I have BFG's on my Bronco, it's loud but I blame it on the headers and shorty exhaust not the tires :smirk:. My son works for Goodyear so I can get a deal......

Don't mean to hijack but I did...:P...Any idea comparing these to BFG A/T's? I'm going to need some soon fo my 2500. I have BFG's on my Bronco, it's loud but I blame it on the headers and shorty exhaust not the tires :smirk:. My son works for Goodyear so I can get a deal......
Mud Terrain or All Terrain A/T's? I had a set up my old Toyota Tacoma, but not on the big truck. My buddies run the all terrains and like them.

I need some new tires as well for my truck. When I got my last set I was low on cash I got some tires that were on the less expensive side. I was not expecting much, but boy was I surprised. They have lasted 65,000 miles and that is longer that I have ever had a tire last on any vehicle.

They are Kuhmo KL78's. Not overly aggressive and they sure lasted for me.

I need some new tires as well for my truck. When I got my last set I was low on cash I got some tires that were on the less expensive side. I was not expecting much, but boy was I surprised. They have lasted 65,000 miles and that is longer that I have ever had a tire last on any vehicle.

They are Kuhmo KL78's. Not overly aggressive and they sure lasted for me.
Yeah those tires are great too... My dads running them on his Powerstroke :thumb:

Mud Terrain or All Terrain A/T's? I had a set up my old Toyota Tacoma, but not on the big truck. My buddies run the all terrains and like them.
All terrains...it's a waste too They only have MAYBE 1000 miles on them sitting on an old Bronco that gets used a few times a year. I'd swap em with the one's on my Chevy in a heart beat if the rim size were the same.