Towing & Weight Capacity

Does anyone know of a link that shows towing and weight capacity for vehicles?

Specifically for a 2007 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Diesel Classic Body Style.

The towing and payload capacities for the 2500HD depended on the body style and drive configuration. Four-wheel-drive models could tow a minimum of 13,000 lbs. and a maximum of 15,500 lbs. with a maximum payload between 3,031 lbs. and 3,646 lbs. Rear-wheel drive models could tow 14,400 to 15,800 lbs. with a maximum payload of 3,301 lbs. to 3,892 lbs.

I'm guessing that you are asking because you can't find your owners manual. My owners manual has a big section devoted to figuring your exact towing capacity. One big variable is the rear end ratio. A high ratio makes for more towing capacity. Unless you asked for it you got a low ratio rear end because it makes for better fuel economy. The next thing to know is those ratings are usually based on a half a tank of fuel and a midget behind the wheel. Subtract for every pound you add to the truck. Four jumbo sized passengers like me and that towing number can go down by 1000 pounds.

I'm guessing that you are asking because you can't find your owners manual. My owners manual has a big section devoted to figuring your exact towing capacity. One big variable is the rear end ratio. A high ratio makes for more towing capacity. Unless you asked for it you got a low ratio rear end because it makes for better fuel economy. The next thing to know is those ratings are usually based on a half a tank of fuel and a midget behind the wheel. Subtract for every pound you add to the truck. Four jumbo sized passengers like me and that towing number can go down by 1000 pounds.

3.73 rear end Cleonard.

3.73 behind the duramax is a good choice... You will be able to pull it ..fine.. but the big figure is .. when you stack ...water..gear..bikes..people.. your going to be over the towing spec... Just from the legal stand point

cleonard got it backwards me thinks, lower gear atio pulls better and a high gets better fuel economy due to lower rpms

I was thinking of it by the numerical ratio, as in 4.10 to 1 is a larger number than 3.73 to 1. You are 100% as in common usage a 4.10 to 1 is called lower geared than 3.73 to one. That's what I get for thinking about it from an engineering perspective...

3.73 rear end Cleonard.
Who knew you had such a nice well rounded rear end Mr. Rack?:devil: Same one that had the KTM tattoo right?:lol: Anyway, all of this is good info. To make absolutely sure, call you dealer, give them the VIN and they should be able to give you your exact specs.:thumb: