Towing & Weight Capacity

3.73 behind the duramax is a good choice... You will be able to pull it ..fine.. but the big figure is .. when you stack ...water..gear..bikes..people.. your going to be over the towing spec... Just from the legal stand point

not if they are in the cab/bed
it doesn't affect the trucks hitch capacity at all

Little boys with their little twrucks:smirk:
The 450 is the wife's daily driver. I only get to drive it while pulling the trailer:shocked:
But hey, Lug dont have to ask if the truck can handle this rig or that rig:P:smirk:

not in the same respect though, I'd rather have a over loaded bed rather than a trailer thats too big.:thumb:

I agree however my concern would be getting it going (power/gearing) and stopping the beast (the oh shit pedal)...:shocked:..that's why I said weight is weight...

Yeap and I'll wave at you when I pass you buy, because you blew the turbo hose off...:smirk:

Never seen a PSD blow a turbo hose off, heard of truck pullers with insane amounts of boost poured to them blow a turbo but not a street ride. :noidea:

If you ever have the cheby out this way, let me know, I will let you TRY to pass me. :smirk:

not in the same respect though, I'd rather have a over loaded bed rather than a trailer thats too big.:thumb:

It's more of a legal issue than anything else. Sure you can overload a bit and it will still work. The issue comes after an accident and your insurance company decides to deny your coverage because you were overweight.

I have a Ford too, but I also have seen two different Fords blow the hoses off, it does happen. Of course the Isuzu motor has glow plug issues so they all have quirks.

Little boys with their little twrucks:smirk:
The 450 is the wife's daily driver. I only get to drive it while pulling the trailer:shocked:
But hey, Lug dont have to ask if the truck can handle this rig or that rig:P:smirk:

Lug needs the big truck to haul Lugs fat ass around :prof::moon::P

It's more of a legal issue than anything else. Sure you can overload a bit and it will still work. The issue comes after an accident and your insurance company decides to deny your coverage because you were overweight.

I'm worried about the legal part. God forbid one have an accident and then a slick attorney finds you negligent because you are way over the load capacity of the truck.

My 04 2wd Dodge (got a HEMI in that?) 2500 was rated at 12k...Don't know what my Chevy 2500 is but I'm sure it's similar. Never heard of a 3/4 ton being rated to tow 15k lbs..:shocked: 1 ton dually's maybe!

I'm worried about the legal part. God forbid one have an accident and then a slick attorney finds you negligent because you are way over the load capacity of the truck.
Someone told me a story once of someone coming from Lake Havasu back to Los Angeles, got into a wreck and killed the other driver. Because he was overloaded, he apparently lost the lawsuit and lost everything. The overloading was the deciding factor in the lawsuit.

One would think if it were close, it wouldn't be a big issue. But being grossly overweight would be not to mention a safety factor too.