Timos Random Picture/ Test Threadish

The PO’s only used the generator or the hookups at the campground. This MH is in for a serious dose of reality. :eek:

A lot of these gennies on the coaches and class c homes never even get used. Then when they try to use them they fail and the Owner buys about coach.

This ones problem was that the people that ordered it new, had it sit for 5 years before selling to the flipper I bought it from. He had it towed to Yuma, where he put fuel, along with the filters, in it, fired it, put tires on it, and batteries too. Drove it here in Feburary. Did a few here and there, sold it, then the new people put 2000 miles on it, but couldn't transfer title because of a lien release. The flipper took so long getting wrong paperwork, and he's a flake anyway, had to take the "coach" back. He finally got the right paper work, and he just renewed his CL add(30+ days) so it looked like a scam to me the first time I saw it. He said he hardly got any calls. He dropped the price 3k, then I called. I was the second to look at it for 39k. He was hurting for money, more on that later, so when I was awed, and he hid stuff he knew was bad, my offer of 35k I figured would be a no, came back at 36. I shook my head and walked away. Five minutes later of me telling my crew no, he said yes to 35k. I still shook my head, because as most of you knew my budget, and I wasn't doing this until later, I had to still refuse the advice of my crew. When he threw in the 12VDC/120AC chest freezer, I had to say yes. I'm sure there will be more crap as I go, but the genny runs perfect. It's a Cummins also, that has a recent hour service, but yes 5 years old. Today I'll get all the batteries cleaned and back in it, the fuel fill hoses in, fill the fresh water tank, with a little bleach too, and check all the 12 volt stuff, house water pump, water heater, and 12 volt house heater.

This ones problem was that the people that ordered it new, had it sit for 5 years before selling to the flipper I bought it from. He had it towed to Yuma, where he put fuel, along with the filters, in it, fired it, put tires on it, and batteries too. Drove it here in Feburary. Did a few here and there, sold it, then the new people put 2000 miles on it, but couldn't transfer title because of a lien release. The flipper took so long getting wrong paperwork, and he's a flake anyway, had to take the "coach" back. He finally got the right paper work, and he just renewed his CL add(30+ days) so it looked like a scam to me the first time I saw it. He said he hardly got any calls. He dropped the price 3k, then I called. I was the second to look at it for 39k. He was hurting for money, more on that later, so when I was awed, and he hid stuff he knew was bad, my offer of 35k I figured would be a no, came back at 36. I shook my head and walked away. Five minutes later of me telling my crew no, he said yes to 35k. I still shook my head, because as most of you knew my budget, and I wasn't doing this until later, I had to still refuse the advice of my crew. When he threw in the 12VDC/120AC chest freezer, I had to say yes. I'm sure there will be more crap as I go, but the genny runs perfect. It's a Cummins also, that has a recent hour service, but yes 5 years old. Today I'll get all the batteries cleaned and back in it, the fuel fill hoses in, fill the fresh water tank, with a little bleach too, and check all the 12 volt stuff, house water pump, water heater, and 12 volt house heater.

With the western dry climate and your attention to maintenance it should last you 20+ years.

I cut out early, but after I got the house batteries connected right there are a few issues. The whole control center does not work. I’m thinking maybe when he hooked up with 24 V that got fried. There is also a fan that does not shut off but does not work if that makes sense. And finishing the story on the flake flipper, you have to be a lowlife if your bank is going to hold a cashiers check for five days. If I would’ve rolled in with hundreds I could’ve got it for 25,000.

I cut out early, but after I got the house batteries connected right there are a few issues. The whole control center does not work. I’m thinking maybe when he hooked up with 24 V that got fried. There is also a fan that does not shut off but does not work if that makes sense. And finishing the story on the flake flipper, you have to be a lowlife if your bank is going to hold a cashiers check for five days. If I would’ve rolled in with hundreds I could’ve got it for 25,000.

There should be a breaker or relay in between. My man Big Dan is a schematics super dude. See if you can track down the 12v wiring schematics

Yes, I haven’t gone back to the fuse box or pulled off the panel to see if I even have power. My problem is if these things keep popping up, I am not going to make my Spangler shake down.

Found the serpentine beltAnd it got it on but still waiting for the AC V belt. Then I moved on inside and now found that the house water pump is toast. FML

Found the serpentine beltAnd it got it on but still waiting for the AC V belt. Then I moved on inside and now found that the house water pump is toast. FML
Well, I’m sure you’ll find all sorts of demonds, as long as there are no big ones. You shall overcome and have a sweet house on wheels.