Thor boots w/ ratchet buckles

Alright guys/gals...

I saw an ad for Thor boots that have only 3 buckles :banana:, the buckling process is a ratchet type with a push button release system. Being of the some-what lazy type...the 3 buckles sounds nice and so does the ratchet system.

Have any of you used these? If so what do you think of them? If not would you consider buying them? I know they're not AStars or Garne's, etc...but i kind of like them!

:thumb:, :thumbsdown: or :thinking:

I am no help here. I have the tech 7's and to be honest I can't recall how many buckles they have, but I like them. I would like to see this ratcheting buckle system though. :thinking:

James

Staff member
Like 530 I also have the Tech 7's, which have 4 buckles. :ride:

If the ratcheting system is anything like what are on snowboard bindings, I'm not sure if I'd want those. :noidea: But then again that's apples/oranges.

:thinking: How about you get them and let us know how they work? :P

I am no help here. I have the tech 7's and to be honest I can't recall how many buckles they have, but I like them. I would like to see this ratcheting buckle system though. :thinking:
The ratchet is kind oflike the tie down ratchet straps with cogs instead of straps that tighten. and a recessed push button release.

Like 530 I also have the Tech 7's, which have 4 buckles. :ride:

If the ratcheting system is anything like what are on snowboard bindings, I'm not sure if I'd want those. :noidea: But then again that's apples/oranges.

:thinking: How about you get them and let us know how they work? :P
I may just do that...and NOT tell you how great they are :P...:moon: and :banana:.....:smirk:

They were in this months MXA mag/rag...

its called the ratchet boot
http://www.thormx.com/product.jsp?path=3224,3233,12615

and if any of you have ever snowboarded... its just like bindings straps.
2012ThorMotocrossRatchetBootsWhite.jpg

and at 170 they would be worth trying... as long as the support is there.

i was looking at those too... right now i have old Fox ones that are too big for me, really be interested in seeing a review cause i think with mud and dirt the ratchet isn't gonna hold up. might look into a pair if and when i get back into racing

i was looking at those too... right now i have old Fox ones that are too big for me, really be interested in seeing a review cause i think with mud and dirt the ratchet isn't gonna hold up. might look into a pair if and when i get back into racing

Same with me...Fox...a little too big. These look pretty sweet...I don't have the mud to contend with so I might luck out. :thumb:

I'm writing the company to see if they need a product tester for some boots, specifically size 11...

:smirk:

But really, I am :prof:

my buddy did that for Bully Dog programmers cause he was one of the first to buy the 6.6 Duramax and he got it for free, just had to write up a review for them :thumb: