Thinkin about quitting my job.

Well the title says it all. I work at Kroger. When i stated abck in august or september I was told by a lot of the workers that at first my hours would suck real bad, and as the holiday season approached they would improve... Well I stuck it out through the holiday season and my hours GOT WORSE. before thanks giving i was getting about 8 hours a week. between thanksgiving and christmas i got 4-5 hours a weeks. And here it is December 29th and I haven't been scheduled for a day of work in nearly 3 weeks. I feel like they are just making me their bitch now... It ridiculous that a place would hire workers just to give them 4 hours a week. Plus on top of that I pay into a BS union that does diddly squat for me except may my paychecks smaller. In the past 6 weeks I have brought home 2 $10.05 paychecks for a weeks worth of work.

:rant::rant::rant:

Sorry for the long winded rant... I just needed to get that monkey off my back..

that does sound like it sucks really bad. dont jsut quit tho... line something else up and then give at least a 2 week notice. no matter how bad it is its never good to burn bridges. Also 4 hours a week is better then no hours a week unless you know you can hustle and make money legally elsewhere.

keep your head up NH you will find something you like... or at least a job you can stand in between the times you get to go ride.

Trav has good advise here. It sounds like you were hired as part time help to begin with so I am not sure if you have benefits or anything else but if you up and quit you give all that up. I dislike unions all the way. They may have been good at some time in the past but they are a bunch of shit these days. Something will come your way so hang in there. :thumb:

that does sound like it sucks really bad. dont jsut quit tho... line something else up and then give at least a 2 week notice. no matter how bad it is its never good to burn bridges. Also 4 hours a week is better then no hours a week unless you know you can hustle and make money legally elsewhere.

keep your head up NH you will find something you like... or at least a job you can stand in between the times you get to go ride.

Well, 2 weeks notice is what I meant by quit. and 4 hours a weeks isn't better when you have to pay into a union that takes half of your 4 hour paycheck :( and i can actually. I can scrap and get like more than 10 dollars a week lol, just from aluminum cans.

Im sure if you put your mind to it you can do better then picking through trash cans for cans. but hey.... if thats all you got you gotta get your squish somehow :thumb:

You could get a job planting Tulips :smirk: Mike can line you up on some work :lol: j/k... that does suck NH but you sound like you have all the time in the world to go and find a new jobs since you are not working anyway. GO out and get a job then quit.

I'm turning in my 2 weeks notice this saturday. Those fuckin morons lost 6.75hours of my hard work and are now not going to pay me for it... and it was written down on a sheet you sign in on when you arent scheduled to work I even signed a paper saying i worked 10.75 hours that week... so idk wtf their problem is.. but i'm done... JUST DONE!

I'm turning in my 2 weeks notice this saturday. Those fuckin morons lost 6.75hours of my hard work and are now not going to pay me for it... and it was written down on a sheet you sign in on when you arent scheduled to work I even signed a paper saying i worked 10.75 hours that week... so idk wtf their problem is.. but i'm done... JUST DONE!

isnt there some workers orginization you can call... pretty sure its not legal no matter how little the amount is. ... id look into it and find the one for your state and call.

I can appreciate your grief. But like Travace said. Get something else lined up before you turn in your 2 weeks notice. You owe yourself that much. Plus it shows responsibility, and your not burning yourself. When I was your age I was looking for a better job right after I started my first job. Never EVER screw yourself out of a paycheck.

I can appreciate your grief. But like Travace said. Get something else lined up before you turn in your 2 weeks notice. You owe yourself that much. Plus it shows responsibility, and your not burning yourself. When I was your age I was looking for a better job right after I started my first job. Never EVER screw yourself out of a paycheck.

well they screwed me out of a paycheck...

well they screwed me out of a paycheck...

like i said get proof and do something about it. You should be keeping your own records(sounds like you do tho) of your time as well.

I understand you are looking at it at a Principles point of view. You also need to look at your wallets point of view tho. You have some spare time right? so look for a job and just put up with the BS untill then.... Something is better then nothing.

like i said get proof and do something about it. You should be keeping your own records(sounds like you do tho) of your time as well.

I understand you are looking at it at a Principles point of view. You also need to look at your wallets point of view tho. You have some spare time right? so look for a job and just put up with the BS untill then.... Something is better then nothing.

a well i have all of my pay check stubs except the week in question... my dumbass washed my stub in my jacket pocket :picard:

I learned that when I had question about $350 pay check, I about shat myself.