125 They say 2-strokes don't cost as much as 4-stroke to fix? NOT IN MY CASE

why not do a cooling pressure test? they loan the tools at advanced auto parts....
if youa are gonna use a gasket sealer use Yammabond.

The bottom is definitely good... No oil in the water and if the bottom was leaking in the bottom it would be in the oil. But instead it's leaking at the base gasket (you can see it leaking if you leave it overnight). I think the piston is sucking the antifreeze further up into the cylinder and only a SMALL amount of water Is getting on top of the rings... Also it appears that the cylinder has signs of a lean mixture (air leak)....

For what it's worth, I've had, and heard of, multiple horror stories on Cometic gaskets. It sounds like you've got your problem narrowed down. I'd say re-OEM gasket it, and while it's apart, look at your cylinder with a 7, or 11 eye loop and make sure there are no cracks. Then get all the old gasket material off, and make sure you have smooth, and level mating surfaces.:thumb:

Rod froze from water... So I'm splitting the bottom now. Prolly won't finish this week... I'm honestly considering slapping a kdx200 motor in it. :foul:

For what it's worth, I've had, and heard of, multiple horror stories on Cometic gaskets. It sounds like you've got your problem narrowed down. I'd say re-OEM gasket it, and while it's apart, look at your cylinder with a 7, or 11 eye loop and make sure there are no cracks. Then get all the old gasket material off, and make sure you have smooth, and level mating surfaces.:thumb:

Cometic gaskets caused my 250f's motor to blow back in 08' before I switched back to 2-smokes....:rolleyes:

Anyone think this is grooved :smirk:

3efa0a11.jpg

I'm going to FIND the problem... But I may have to part my beauty out :cry: IT'S GOING TO COST ALOT FOR A REPLATE, CLUTCH HUB, CLUTCH BASKET, and whatever else I find.... Like I said FML LOL

Well guys... I've been working on the bike... I'll start a thread whenI get the time. I might even have a motor swap in mind (KDX... Maybe even a vintage air cooled motor in a modern chasis...) i've got the bike down to the frame as we speak and i'm gonna examine all the parts and check the clearances in the motor. Once I decide I may do a KDX motor swap and then send the frame to the PCers... along with hubs triple tress and some covers. :thumb:

Well guys... I've been working on the bike... I'll start a thread whenI get the time. I might even have a motor swap in mind (KDX... Maybe even a vintage air cooled motor in a modern chasis...) i've got the bike down to the frame as we speak and i'm gonna examine all the parts and check the clearances in the motor. Once I decide I may do a KDX motor swap and then send the frame to the PCers... along with hubs triple tress and some covers. :thumb:

gezz all that work and money you might as well replace the clyinder, clutch basket and hub and be done with it.