The MX Track - How was your day today?

well here’s the thing. The 250f you almost ride like a 125 2T and 250 2T Combined. Need to carry that speed but has the power of a 250 2T if that makes any sense.
In a half can dan state I see the logic in this Mike :banana:makes perfect sense, wring and fling that 250f for 125 2t grin and go grind out the 250 grunt
:wave: Still pffftttt Valves!! Who needs em?? :smirk::smirk:

Next will be the water pump , timing chain cover . And on and on ....... been there , replaced that ........... go find a good used 350 and drop in there ........ done , forever ......... mine had a powerglide ..........

Pull the motor or jack up the body. You have to do them all while you are in there or else they will all leak.
Take it to the dez and blow it up, collect insurance...you're welcome:wave:
I ain't doing either of those options!
I'll drill a hole in the firewall before I pull the motor, and it's too good of a truck to blow it up.
Although that would be cool and groovy.

I'll drill a hole in the firewall before I pull the motor, and it's too good of a truck to blow it up.

Spend 4 days taking the dash apart to get to the firewall I think. There’s gotta be a better way.
Edit: ask Timo. He’s been known to grope the danger ranger.

Found this.

Found this.
Thanks Mike! That sounds like the identical situation I'm in.
I'm usually not one to go for the JB fix, but in this case I think thats a very good option.
Maybe try some of that stuff Red is always going on about...

Thanks Mike! That sounds like the identical situation I'm in.
I'm usually not one to go for the JB fix, but in this case I think thats a very good option.
Maybe try some of that stuff Red is always going on about...

seriously though. As soon as that one is fixed another will pop up. I would make the effort to schedule a long weekend to swap all those plugs out especially with the heat you get there.

I have a buddy at work who had an old beat up F150. Some type of fitting coming out of the block developed a coolant leak. He said that the intake manifold would have to come off to fix it proper. He didn’t want to do that, and didn’t want to pay to have it done. He glopped it up with JB Weld and it got him by for a few more years. By the time it started leaking again the rest of the truck was falling apart and he was ready for another one.

I have a buddy at work who had an old beat up F150. Some type of fitting coming out of the block developed a coolant leak. He said that the intake manifold would have to come off to fix it proper. He didn’t want to do that, and didn’t want to pay to have it done. He glopped it up with JB Weld and it got him by for a few more years. By the time it started leaking again the rest of the truck was falling apart and he was ready for another one.

:noidea:
I guess growing up on a farm everything was patch and get out going again ASAP. Drove me fricken nuts because rather than spend the day fixing it properly we would temp fix it, put the tool back and forget about it then need it again. Then halfway through the job machine breaks again etc etc. I’ll do it Properly the first time.