The Guns Thread

Here is my latest baby. production date 1946 M1 Garand the Grand-daddy of all rifles. 150 grain, full metal jacket, .30 (.30-06) caliber bullet with a muzzel velocity of over 2800 feet per second. Enough force to punch through what ever you aim at. This thing makes even the mighty AK-47 beg for mercy :hail: (which by the way, I have an AK:smirk:). You would need class 5 ceramic plate body armor to stop it from piercing your flesh, and even then it has enough to knock the wind out of you and put you on your ass to take you out of the fight. I have had it for a year now and I have enjoyed every second of it.

M1Garand4_zpse6ea6dc5.jpg

I'm thinking "the grand daddy of all SEMI-AUTO rifles" is more accurate. I'm no expert in this field however if I'm not mistaken, Henry's, Sharps and Winchesters (repeaters... to mention a few) were around prior to this gun. :thumb:

Last edited:
I'm thinking "the grand daddy of all SEMI-AUTO rifles" is more accurate. I'm no expert in this field howegver if I'm not mistakien, Henry's, Sharps and Winchesters (repeaters... to mention a few) were around prior to this gun. :thumb:

Stop your lying.... haha. It was the first gas-piston operated rifle, without the Garand the AK-47 design wouldn't be able to copy it. If you look at an operating rod for an AK and a Garand, they are identical.

Stop your lying.... haha. It was the first gas-piston operated rifle, without the Garand the AK-47 design wouldn't be able to copy it. If you look at an operating rod for an AK and a Garand, they are identical.

Not doubting what you said... I was referring to those I mentioned as being the grandaddy of the rifle (for that matter, the long rifle... muskets... were prior to those)!!!

But seriously, I'm not "INTO" guns... have a liking for them but don't knwo a lot about them. I do watch the shows/documentories on guns which is where I've gotten a lot of my info...

as I've meantioned to some before, I'm a "Jack of all trades, Master of none"! or I know a lot about a little or a little about a lot!!!

Definition of an EXPERT

EX = A has been
SPERT = A drip under pressure.

Put them together and you get an EXPERT... "a has been under pressure"

Not doubting what you said... I was referring to those I mentioned as being the grandaddy of the rifle (for that matter, the long rifle... muskets... were prior to those)!!!

But seriously, I'm not "INTO" guns... have a liking for them but don't knwo a lot about them. I do watch the shows/documentories on guns which is where I've gotten a lot of my info...

as I've meantioned to some before, I'm a "Jack of all trades, Master of none"! or I know a lot about a little or a little about a lot!!!

You are right what you said, I was just messing around. Its hard to sound sarcastic using type.