The Guns Thread

James

Staff member
Yeah, 21 to buy a handgun here as well. NJ pulls alot of its laws from the Cali record books. Now my Father had a federal CCW and packed heat up until we cremated him..... I never looked but it may be in his basket of personal belongings my sister sent me....

Now that I think about it.... he sent me my S&W through the mail in a regular post office shipping envelope labeled "Sensitive Machine Parts" , pre 9/11... When I went to register it I was told by the police the weapon was illegal in NJ but since I inherited it from a Florida resident and didnt purchase it I was allowed to keep it... :lol:
There's no such thing as a Federal/National CCW, most states honor other states permits though. For example Indiana honors all states except Illinois (probably because BK lives there :smirk:).

There's no such thing as a Federal/National CCW, most states honor other states permits though. For example Indiana honors all states except Illinois (probably because BK lives there :smirk:).

:lol:
My father said he received it when he was involved in a pre war flying program in 61. He never really said too much about what went on between 1959 and 1970 with the exception of some stories and my sisters.

James

Staff member
:lol:
My father said he received it when he was involved in a pre war flying program in 61. He never really said too much about what went on between 1959 and 1970 with the exception of some stories and my sisters.
Could be something from his military days... :salute:

We just got our first gun in 20 years (first that we've owned since i've been alive)

Sig Sauer (walther) 1911-22, just to plink around with. But seriously, love me some guns. I've been shooting for a while, we've just not had our own.

Dude I have had that gun for at least 17 yrs and this is the first time I have ever fully disassembled it. I have never had an issue it with until that last time I shot it. It jammed 3 times which is probably more than it ever has before in all the years combined so I decided it was time for a tear down.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/15/ore-sheriff-says-wont-enforce-new-gun-laws/

I could see this issue being the spark that ignites the next "civil war" and no I don't mean "war" as in states are going to start shooting at each other. :facepalm:
Wow, those are some serious words being said. :thumb: I am curious, if these laws about banning assault weapons should ever pass, what happens to the guns that are already out there, like you and me? Have you purchased any ammo lately? All the places I used to buy are always out of inventory.

Wow, those are some serious words being said. :thumb: I am curious, if these laws about banning assault weapons should ever pass, what happens to the guns that are already out there, like you and me? Have you purchased any ammo lately? All the places I used to buy are always out of inventory.
Call the store and see what time of day they stock it, because most big box stores stock it every day, it just sells out.

damn, I see it all the time in the stores around here.
I usually buy online from Freedom Munitions, Ganders or Cabella's. Use to get some really good deals including ammo boxes. The later two don't even carry the 223 anymore, at least on the online side of it. Need to buy a few thousand rounds maybe before they try and stop selling that as well.