The Guns Thread

Ok guys...last week I acquired an AR15. It was my stepmom's gun (she moved out) so I traded my AK47 for it, so she could give it to her son. I really didn't want to trade, because I would have felt so bad being the AR15 is a $1,000 gun and the AK being a $450 gun. But they really wanted to trade, and an AR is my favorite gun. So, trying to make myself feel less bad, I bought 500 rounds of ammo for them. :thumb:

Anyways, I painted the AR yesterday. (stock, handguard, and grip)

305872_262327720458767_100000446240495_919923_4105475_n.jpg

296482_262327777125428_100000446240495_919924_642436_n.jpg

Ok guys...last week I acquired an AR15. It was my stepmom's gun (she moved out) so I traded my AK47 for it, so she could give it to her son. I really didn't want to trade, because I would have felt so bad being the AR15 is a $1,000 gun and the AK being a $450 gun. But they really wanted to trade, and an AR is my favorite gun. So, trying to make myself feel less bad, I bought 500 rounds of ammo for them. :thumb:

I can't tell from the pics, but if you got a genuine COLT AR, you did good! The COLT AR model is the best! Nobody can argue that! All the knock-offs from other manufacturers are junk if you want to shoot precision shots at distance! Our troops shoot COLTS!

On a good note, I won a cheap assed gun at a raffle. A "Bursa Thunder .380" It's junk. I bought 50 rounds, and inside of 20, the screws on the handgrips came out. I lost 2 of them.

I contacted Bursa via email, and they are sending me new grips and screws.

It's still junk, but it's good that they back up their trash! :thumb:

It'll be the last stand gun to shoot the zombies! :lol:

I can't tell from the pics, but if you got a genuine COLT AR, you did good! The COLT AR model is the best! Nobody can argue that! All the knock-offs from other manufacturers are junk if you want to shoot precision shots at distance!

Other brands aint junk. They are the same design, and a lot of times, the same materials.
Mine is not a Colt. Mine is an Aero Precision. Aero Precision made parts for Armalite (the original AR's, then they sold their design to Colt). They make parts for Boeing, and then make guns as well. Very good guns at that! It's pretty accurate!

On a good note, I won a cheap assed gun at a raffle. A "Bursa Thunder .380" It's junk. I bought 50 rounds, and inside of 20, the screws on the handgrips came out. I lost 2 of them.

I contacted Bursa via email, and they are sending me new grips and screws.

It's still junk, but it's good that they back up their trash! :thumb:

:needpics:

012.jpg012.jpg
Other brands aint junk. They are the same design, and a lot of times, the same materials.
Mine is not a Colt. Mine is an Aero Precision. Aero Precision made parts for Armalite (the original AR's, then they sold their design to Colt). They make parts for Boeing, and then make guns as well. Very good guns at that! It's pretty accurate!

:needpics:

i plan on doing that and keeping it with me in my car and truck! I got a CWP in Ohio just so I can carry guns to and from my cabin, not because i think someone is going to jack me in my neighborhood!

Quit calling me liar LeadHead! :lol:

James

Staff member
Nice Riley. :thumb:

I can't tell from the pics, but if you got a genuine COLT AR, you did good! The COLT AR model is the best! Nobody can argue that! All the knock-offs from other manufacturers are junk if you want to shoot precision shots at distance! Our troops shoot COLTS!
:rant: You saying that my Rock River Arms AR15 is junk?

I wish i could find someone to trade me a AR for my AK :shocked:

Nice Riley. :thumb:

:rant: You saying that my Rock River Arms AR15 is junk?

>>ugh!<<

Yes! It's not up to the same standards as mil spec GI issue Colt. You put a couple of 30 rnd clips though that thing, one after the other, and it will not shoot the same. Get that barrel good and hot, and I mean smoking(!!), Non GI barrels are junk in terms of accuracy when hot! Just my opinion based on other AR look-a-likes I've shot! Precision shooting and dependency on accuracy in all conditions is key! If you are just going to plink, you are fine!:thumb:

Yours could be different! :ride:

James

Staff member
>>ugh!<<

Yes! It's not up to the same standards as mil spec GI issue Colt. You put a couple of 30 rnd clips though that thing, one after the other, and it will not shoot the same. Get that barrel good and hot, and I mean smoking(!!), Non GI barrels are junk in terms of accuracy when hot! Just my opinion based on other AR look-a-likes I've shot! Precision shooting and dependency on accuracy in all conditions is key! If you are just going to plink, you are fine!:thumb:

Yours could be different! :ride:
:noidea: Have you shot all of them? If not then how can you honestly say that all the others are junk. For example I've only ridden a Kawi and a Honda, since the Honda didn't preform as well as my Kawi.....all other bike brands are junk. :thumb: It's a fact and don't say it ain't so. :prof: :facepalm: :smirk:

Check this out:
http://www.class3weapons.com/Rock_River_Arms_Quality_Review_s/42.htm

that rancher looks beat up

I wish i could find someone to trade me a AR for my AK :shocked:

It wont be easy! :P

>>ugh!<<

I believe they are the same standards. Same barrel material, 1:9 twist, :blah: I think what you are referring to is that Colt normally seems to run chrome-moly barrels and other companies run a chrome-lined barrel. Which is very slightly more accurate. But chrome-lining is more reliable (corrosion, heat, and abrasive resistant). Keep in mind that Colt also chrome-lines their barrels on some of their AR15's. And other companies do the same. So it's impossible to say that Colt model AR's are more accurate than any other gun. FN(real mil spec rifles), Bushmaster, White Oak, Noveske, DPMS, Smith & Wesson. Those all are just as accurate, or more accurate than a Colt. And remember that some "knock offs" are built with precision accuracy in mind.

:noidea: Have you shot all of them? If not then how can you honestly say that all the others are junk. For example I've only ridden a Kawi and a Honda, since the Honda didn't preform as well as my Kawi.....all other bike brands are junk. :thumb: It's a fact and don't say it ain't so. :prof: :facepalm: :smirk:

Check this out:
http://www.class3weapons.com/Rock_River_Arms_Quality_Review_s/42.htm

:thumb::thumb:

that rancher looks beat up

:lol: Yeah. We give her hell!
I wish it was a Rancher though. It's only a Recon. :pout: