The Fishing Thread

I've done some trolling for juggs...............does that count...:smirk:

Why yes it does:smirk:,,,:lol:

Wow, I looked up lake Cumberland. That looks huge. I live 10 minutes from Smith Mountain Lake.

Nope! I'd really like to though. I'd be afraid people would take my fish! :foul:
I also want to run a trotline, I'm just not sure of the legal issues or running one.

I imagine your state is different than mine,but I don't think you need anything but a fishing license for trout-line, As far as the jugs you have to have your name, address and number on it here. Yeah people with check you chit but you got to keep going back out ever two hours to recheck your jugs to keep people off of them. I use to put out 100 at a time. You catch all kinds of schit too. Turtles, gar, catfish, snakes so you have to be careful when you pull it in. Fun as hell tho. :thumb:

Nice Pics! I won a tackle box and a pair of sunglasses when I was 8 in a fish off at my grandparents house :thumb:

The grandpa of some good friends of mine was involved in the "water- works" in the Orange County (CA) area which was holding a fishing derby at Anaheim Lake (urban lake, inside the city limits)...anyways, this was back when they were under 10 yo...they got skunked and on there way to the judges table where "grandpa" was thye found a dead trout next to a trash can. :devil: They entered it as their catch and won the contest...:smirk:....

I imagine your state is different than mine,but I don't think you need anything but a fishing license for trout-line, As far as the jugs you have to have your name, address and number on it here. Yeah people with check you chit but you got to keep going back out ever two hours to recheck your jugs to keep people off of them. I use to put out 100 at a time. You catch all kinds of schit too. Turtles, gar, catfish, snakes so you have to be careful when you pull it in. Fun as hell tho. :thumb:

Geez! 100 at a time? Now that's gotta be hard just remembering where they are. I might start that this year. So you can just take a milk jug, write your name, address, and number on there, tie a hook on there with bait and you're good? I think it'd be fun to set a few out at the beginning of the day and check em a few times and see what you got at the end of the day. Is there any requirements about where you put the jugs? Do they need to be close to shoreline?

Geez! 100 at a time? Now that's gotta be hard just remembering where they are. I might start that this year. So you can just take a milk jug, write your name, address, and number on there, tie a hook on there with bait and you're good? I think it'd be fun to set a few out at the beginning of the day and check em a few times and see what you got at the end of the day. Is there any requirements about where you put the jugs? Do they need to be close to shoreline?

It is all about night fishing man, I was using 2 liter coke bottles and milk jugs, get some heavy twine and some nice size hooks, tie different lengths 5, 6, 7ft or more if real deep lake, put some floresent spray paint on them just a spot or two on sides and bottom then bait with hot dogs, chicken livers, nigh crawlers, stink bait or what ever you are used to using. Then go out in a boat at night. Get one of those big million candle power spot light, (case of Beer) to bad your too young. After you set them all out, just go back every couple hours with the spot light trolling along. When you get close to one if it has a fish on it, it will start dancing and bobbing up and down and take off running. Use a big dip net to come up under it and snatchem up.:thumb: Just like having a 100 finshing poles all over the lake.

Oh and when I pull one up, I bait and throw the jug back out, I pull them in all at the same time after and all night fish soak.

It is all about night fishing man, I was using 2 liter coke bottles and milk jugs, get some heavy twine and some nice size hooks, tie different lengths 5, 6, 7ft or more if real deep lake, put some floresent spray paint on them just a spot or two on sides and bottom then bait with hot dogs, chicken livers, nigh crawlers, stink bait or what ever you are used to using. Then go out in a boat at night. Get one of those big million candle power spot light, (case of Beer) to bad your too young. After you set them all out, just go back every couple hours with the spot light trolling along. When you get close to one if it has a fish on it, it will start dancing and bobbing up and down and take off running. Use a big dip net to come up under it and snatchem up.:thumb: Just like having a 100 finshing poles all over the lake.

Oh and when I pull one up, I bait and throw the jug back out, I pull them in all at the same time after and all night fish soak.

I've never met a jug I didn't like...........seen a few ugly ones though!

That all sounds good, but I'd only have a jon boat and I'm not sure if I can drive one of those at night because it dont got the lights. I did get my boater's license last year though. I bet that'd be the best time to do it too since that's when the jet skis and speed boats die down and the fish come out more. We have tons of coves at my lake though, so I could throw a few jugs in different coves and hopefully catch something.

The grandpa of some good friends of mine was involved in the "water- works" in the Orange County (CA) area which was holding a fishing derby at Anaheim Lake (urban lake, inside the city limits)...anyways, this was back when they were under 10 yo...they got skunked and on there way to the judges table where "grandpa" was thye found a dead trout next to a trash can. :devil: They entered it as their catch and won the contest...:smirk:....

:lol::lol::lol:

That all sounds good, but I'd only have a jon boat and I'm not sure if I can drive one of those at night because it dont got the lights. I did get my boater's license last year though. I bet that'd be the best time to do it too since that's when the jet skis and speed boats die down and the fish come out more. We have tons of coves at my lake though, so I could throw a few jugs in different coves and hopefully catch something.

The diference between a Jon boat and a Jane boat?

Jon boats got a rudder
Jane boats got a "V" drive!!!!! :prof:......:smirk: