the australian thread

Don't forget that you guys talk funny. :smirk:

Your seasons are opposite from us right? For example we're in the middle of winter right now (:(), but you guys have summer?

Yes James we are in Summer now, although this year I spent New Years huddled around a fire as it was freezing.

Hey we don't talk funny ............ lol, don't ya like tha aussie :aussie: slang ........... rotfl :lol:

A :wink:

the thought of new years in summer is twisting my mind :lol:

Just picture us here in OZ having a traditional Christmas dinner passing out with the heat :lol: :banghead: , and yes we do have the traditional Christmas dinner here, love to have one when it's nice and cold outside. That would be much better.

We would if we had Reedy doing the adds :lol: - and yes we have steak houses, the only difference between the U.S and O.Z, some silly bastard decided we should drive on different sides of the road. Other then that not a lot is different.

Having been Down Under a couple of times, both eastern and western coasts. I can confirm that Australia is very much similar to America. But yet at the same time its still very different. Anyway welcome to DBA.

James

Staff member
Having been Down Under a couple of times, both eastern and western coasts. I can confirm that Australia is very much similar to America. But yet at the same time its still very different. Anyway welcome to DBA.
Terrain or people wise?

Terrain or people wise?

They have a pretty wide mix of terrain. But inland (The OUT BACK) is (IM ASSUMING) alot of Desert. But closer to the coast they have alot of woods type riding. As for the people they are truly Australian. But were the similarity comes into play is like with resturaunts and malls and cars. They too drive Fords, and Chevy's and Dodge, Nissan, toyota, Jeep, ect. But they got really funny names for them. And they look different too, and perform better.

Andre-Aussie!

I have no clue what a Royal Enfield Bullet with a diesel engine looks like, but I hope you post some pics of it so us in the States get it! I have a British 1917 Enfield in .303, but it doesn't need a diesel engine, just a trigger finger to get it going...

One thing I do get is the XR thing! I am probably one of the few that still appreciates and rides them! I had 4 of them, now, just down to 2. I sold my 2 XR650R's. I am keeping my modified XR426R and XR400R. They just kick ass and take names without asking for parts or rebuilds.

XR's are like having a good woman in the kitchen! You just have to yell "Make me a sammich!" ...and the sammiches just keep coming! :lol: (OOO! That comment could yield some neg comments!)

Let's see some "Aussome" pics, huh? (US) Eh? (CN) Aye mate? (AU):cheers:

Andre-Aussie!

I have no clue what a Royal Enfield Bullet with a diesel engine looks like, but I hope you post some pics of it so us in the States get it! I have a British 1917 Enfield in .303, but it doesn't need a diesel engine, just a trigger finger to get it going...

One thing I do get is the XR thing! I am probably one of the few that still appreciates and rides them! I had 4 of them, now, just down to 2. I sold my 2 XR650R's. I am keeping my modified XR426R and XR400R. They just kick ass and take names without asking for parts or rebuilds.

XR's are like having a good woman in the kitchen! You just have to yell "Make me a sammich!" ...and the sammiches just keep coming! :lol: (OOO! That comment could yield some neg comments!)

Let's see some "Aussome" pics, huh? (US) Eh? (CN) Aye mate? (AU):cheers:

Hi there Buckrun, photo's and video have been posted in this thread "hope my editing works out", :lol: ROTFL, I guess I cannot get into a debate about which jap bike is best as I own all 4 brands, if I was silly enough I would have still have the KTM, then the speedway solo bikes "Godden/Weslake/Jawa's" I had, aye I've had more bikes then women :banana::lol: , well bloody hell aye ....... loll. Guess it has kept me outa mischief !! Well sometimes.

The bike that kicks serious ass is the XR, tell ya what the RMX isn't bad either, they all have their special likes, even the WR250F, it's awesome in tight stuff, where the RMX just wants to launch you everywhere "maybe it's a case of better throttle control ???" :smirk:. KDX is super smooth, I've left it stock and is just as awesome as the WR250F in tight stuff, plus it handles long road runs between bush trails better with the 6 speed with better primary gearing.

The Enfield on the other hand is fill the tank and ride all day without the worry of running out of fuel, I can get 700 - 1000 Klms to a tank of fuel, it's me taking the break more then the bike.

There are a lot of guy's in the states building diesel bikes, go here for the website and here for the forum "I'm one of the admins "andrewaust" - hopefully the admin's and moderators here don't mind me putting the links in. At the end of the day we all like bikes, I will admit I like dirt bikes more then road bikes, but building the diesel Enfield was just something I wanted to do.

So you want some awesome aussie pics :) here's some taken at the Watagan mountains in NSW. And yes that's my feet dangling over the cliff ............ :)!!

Watagan Ride 11-11-11 24.JPG

Watagan Ride 11-11-11 16.JPG

For some reason I can only load a smaller photo of the WR, think the size was over kb's, even though it was the same as the above.

More Pics from OZ!! A little bit of everything :wink:

Ride Day 240211 18.JPG

Cessnock Ride 040211 07.JPG

Cessnock Ride 040211 16.JPG

Allan River Ride 230604 40.jpg

Allan River Ride 230604 34.jpg

Allan River Ride 020907 088.JPG

Allan River Ride 230604 13.jpg

Ride Day 240211 17.JPG

Attachments

• Allan River Ride 020907 096.JPG
    Allan River Ride 020907 096.JPG