Things you do when your bored and want to be different - build a diesel bike

It's not a new concept, I help admin the dieselbike.net forum. Since I was around 18 the thought hit me to do something different, never been totally into road bikes, but in 2006 I needed to do something to keep my mind off things.

The best way to show the build is to just post the link here , OK! The power is kinda different, but it does hit 75mph/100khr without any trouble, I have a turbo and intercooler for it but I guess I'll ventilate the crankcase :), has done around 23,000 Klms and gets between 1.2 to 2.2 litres of diesel to the 100 klm's, so I can go places no one can without a heap of fuel.

Compression is 21:1, 406cc's, and could do with another 4 to 6 gears :) !!

A :wink:

Thanks guys, the most priceless time is doing the bikers toy run, the Enfield always turns heads and have a lot scratching their heads wondering what/where the heck the knock is coming from ................ pmsl.

vlcsnap-2011-12-17-05h11m12s219.jpg
2011 Toy run before start

AJM 05.jpg
2008 Toy run, coming into parking area

Enfield - Toyrun 2011.jpg
2011 Toy run, the day before, preparing the bike.

Someone else has spotted the Enfield, this one from 2008.jpg
2008 Toy run, parked up after the run.

so cool. I had some biker uncles who use to do the toy runs every year when i was a little kid. I want to do one sometime.

Travace! If you get the chance do it mate, it warms the heart to think with your help some kids will have a nice Christmas who would miss out if it wasn't for the generosity of others, it's funny, you meet some of the hardest bikers and the enthusiasts, they all come together for a good cause, absolutely priceless.

Looking forward to this years already.

Travace! If you get the chance do it mate, it warms the heart to think with your help some kids will have a nice Christmas who would miss out if it wasn't for the generosity of others, it's funny, you meet some of the hardest bikers and the enthusiasts, they all come together for a good cause, absolutely priceless.

Looking forward to this years already.

5 posts and i already like your style :thumb:

Titties to the new guy, nice build :thumb: I got a street bike this year myself and tried on two different occasions to go on a toy run, but unfortunately we have winter weather coming in and both runs were plagued with nasty cold rain,, sorry I love kids but I am not going to ride on the road in that.

Some are probably wondering what it sounds like :), so I'll post a vid below of the Enfield running around Paterson and one on the open road. When riding a diesel bike, just think truck :), would be nice to have another 6 gears ...... as previously stated :ride: :lol:

Andrew, that is an awesome build!!! :thumb:

Thanks Naturaledge, much appreciated mate. Just goes to say if you want to build something bad enough, you can do it hey. Lot's of cool diesel bikes getting built in the U.S, U.K and around the world, dieselbike.net is the place to start. Because of strict regulations here I had to be happy with what I could build, a 4cyl turbo diesel bike would have been awesome, but due to my countries laws totally out of the question.