All Take a leak in the desert and get arrested! You have got to be freaking kidding me.

The BLM set some new regs to deal with problems at Glamis and Dumont. Some I can understand, but others no way. There is a 30 day comment period and I'm going to blast them.

Take a leak and get arrested. Wonderful. I guess when I'm out camping from the back of my truck I have to hold it all weekend. Freaking idiots I tell you. If that wasn't crazy enough, you had better get used to beer in cans. Glass containers of any kind will be illegal. Insane...

The announcement http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/cdd/cdd_supplementary.html

A background story http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_nude04.3b470cc.html

The way I read it the Husky memorial would be declared illegal.

The regs
BLM idiots:
The following rules apply on public lands administered by the BLM California Desert District unless explicitly authorized by a permit or other authorization document issued by the BLM:

1. Public nudity is prohibited at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

2. It is prohibited for a person to ride in or transport another person in or on a portion of an ORV or trailer that is not designed or intended for the transportation of passengers.

3. It is prohibited to use as firewood, or have in their possession, any firewood materials containing nails, screws, or other metal hardware, including, but not limited to, wood pallets and/or construction debris.

4. Possession of glass beverage containers is prohibited in all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

5. It is prohibited to place into the ground any non-flexible object, such as, but not limited to, metal or wood stakes, poles, or pipes, with the exception of small tent or awning stakes, at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

6. It is prohibited to camp within the areas commonly known as Competition Hill Corridor and Competition Hill located within the Dumont Dunes ORV Area, as shown in the map at the entrance kiosk.

7. It is prohibited to reserve or save a camping space for another person at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

8. All persons must keep their sites free of trash and litter during the period of occupancy.

Employees and agents of the BLM are exempt from these rules during the performance of specific official duties as authorized by the CDD Manager, or the Ridgecrest, Barstow, Needles, Palm Springs-South Coast or El Centro Field Managers.

If you are a BLM employee you can dance naked around a pallet fire while drinking glass beers and littering. Great.

I don't know why they keep saying this is new. These Rules have been enforced at Glamis for along time. Probably Dumont too. I don't know what there is to comment on since they are all ready enforced. I've gotten a ticket for saving space and alcohol dumped out and the bottle taken. New? I've sat at Olds hill Grinding my teeth so bad with 5 rangers around cuz I had to Pee. I've seen people at the sand drags get written up for peeing in a bush. Females too. The new way to pee is kneel down between the car and back tire so you don't get caught. :smirk: This has been the Norm for quite sometime. Just hope it don't com to a theater near you.

The only thing new is we won't have BillP and Rick over here pissing and moaning at eatch other.:lol:

Guess I'm an uneducated hick since I don't frequent Glamis or Dumont. It's not the scene I seek, but now I get it anyhow. I just hate being forced to break the law. That pisses me off.

Man no more mixed drinks or tequilla shots, unless you go bottom of the barrel and get plastic bottled hard alcohol.

If peeing in the desert is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Guess a morning dump is a felony - nudity, digging a hole, trash (TP).
I was shitting in the desert before some younger rangers were on this planet, don't plan on stopping soon.

madness. We the People need to take back this great state... its the best land in the country but our government is stealing our rights

I think it'll only be enforced at the sand. We "hard pack" desert people are a different breed.:rolleyes: I sure do look forward to the next trip, when I stop and take a piss in a Wilderness area.:naughty:

I havent been to Glamis in at least 4-5 years and all these rules were enforced when I used to go. I am not usually pro-law enforcment but if you have ever been to the dunes in the last 5 years they all make sense, people are fucking idiots out there and they need to be regulated.

If peeing in the desert is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Guess a morning dump is a felony - nudity, digging a hole, trash (TP).
I was shitting in the desert before some younger rangers were on this planet, don't plan on stopping soon.

"Never squat with yer spurs on" :prof: PLUS, I hope you don't stop, could lead to other more serious problems.....:smirk:

I havent been to Glamis in at least 4-5 years and all these rules were enforced when I used to go. I am not usually pro-law enforcment but if you have ever been to the dunes in the last 5 years they all make sense, people are fucking idiots out there and they need to be regulated.

Agreed! Just let us keep our mobile stripper poles. It is sad to see all the glass at the bottom of comp hill.

Carl. Hope the hick comment wasn't meant to be offensive. I'm just saying what does the BLM have to comment on when they all ready enforce these rules and have all ready made up their mind ? Some of these Rules make sense in the right circumstances.
I don't think our tequilla and a piss in a bush is in Jeopardy where most of us ride.A lot of us like bottled beer and throw the bottles in the trash but not everyone does. I would however be concerned about the monuments.

Agreed! Just let us keep our mobile stripper poles. It is sad to see all the glass at the bottom of comp hill.

Carl. Hope the hick comment wasn't meant to be offensive. I'm just saying what does the BLM have to comment on when they all ready enforce these rules and have all ready made up their mind ? Some of these Rules make sense in the right circumstances.
I don't think our tequilla and a piss in a bush is in Jeopardy where most of us ride.A lot of us like bottled beer and throw the bottles in the trash but not everyone does. I would however be concerned about the monuments.

Same here...It doesn't matter where you ride you'll find where the pigs have been...trash, broken bottles, nails, etc in camping areas as well as riding destinations (small dunes in JV, etc) there's evidence of them having been there plastic water bottles, chip bags, aluminum cans, etc. They are as you/we all know better than the rest of us so it is OUR DUTY to clean up after them. We try and do our part in cleaning up by throwing THEIR trash in OUR trucks for US to haul away. I don't think it matters how many times you talk to them they just don't care...not quite the same as teaching a child to clean up after themselves. The same goes for riding, they don't wear required gear, ride double, ride in areas off limits (meaning making new trails purposely riding over plants/bushes, etc.) hauling ass thru camp or in surrounding residential areas, etc. You/we don't have any say so in their lives therefore they don't have to listen to us. It's a shame that in time it'll all be taken away if it continues...again, they don't care OR they'll be the first ones to complain (after us of course)...There..off my soap-box! :blah: :blah: :blah: :prof:

Hey rezrider I can sum that up in just a few words. Shamelessly stolen from Ron White.

You can't fix stupid.

These new rules will not miracously fix stupid either, but it does give the BLM another hammer to beat those so afflicted.

I was riding on some newly discovered trails and having a great ride. Up ahead I see something blocking the entire trial. Someone had done a complete roof tear off including the plywood, shingles, and of course, all the nails. It was a pile 6 feet high and 10 feet around. You couldn't get around it. In many places where I ride there is no trash pickup, so people just dump their shit in makeshift dumps. So, you do the only thing you can do to reduce the crap and simply set it on fire. You come back later and kick what's left off the trail. Couches, TV's, entire cars, everything gets a match. If its near my property, I dig big holes with my backhoe and toss everything that's left after the burn. When the hole is full. cover it up and dig another. Fortunately, this has been greatly reduced, at least right around my property, when the state made everything around me a wildlife area and restricted access to it. It just means the dumping moved elsewhere. In the last several years, the dumping has been greatly reduced because the state patrols the area. The bad side is that nobody rides the trails anymore and nature is taking them back! I swear, sometimes I think I'm the only one who's ever on them! Pretty soon, they will be gone due to lack of use! You have to putt in first gear through tall grass the first time to make sure there isn't a log or hole you can't see.

I'll just piss on my bike stand, that way it will not impact the desert and it stays clean at the same time..:smirk: I guess I will not be going to Dumont anymore, I only went there because you could ride nude.:ride:

James

Staff member
It's completely and utterly sad that people can't clean up after themselves. :bonk:

Rez, what you said is pretty much summed up by what Cleo/Ron White said "you can't fix stupid" :thumb:

Which sucks as those are the people that ruin it for everybody else. :foul: