125 suspension

im planning on rebuilding my front forks some time soon. it will be my first rebuild and i want to know what i need. i know i need to get oil and seals and stuff i just want to know if i need any special parts?

Race Tech makes good stuff also. Along with Factory Connection. Or just the plane old OEM stuff works great also. Jackson hooked you up with some good info. I highly recommend that you use and follow the videos, especially if you dont have the Yamaha service manual for you bike. Chiltons and Haynes are ok. But nothing compares to the OEM manual.

Roost to Jackson for good info.

I've rebuilt my forks without a seal driver, with out the bullets, and with out the oil level tool.
Take an old flat screwdriver you don't like very much and grind it down, then wrap the tip in duct tape (this doesn't work as a condom before you get that idea) Gently tap the seal in with a rubber mallet, working your way around, hit opposite sides to get it started and then gentle taps within close proximity of each other until its where you wanted.
I am by no stretch downgrading the tools, but the first time I had to do fork seals I couldn't afford the tools listed by Jackson so I had to improvise :thumb: I still do it this way simply because I know how, my forks don't leak either :thumb:

I've rebuilt my forks without a seal driver, with out the bullets, and with out the oil level tool.
Take an old flat screwdriver you don't like very much and grind it down, then wrap the tip in duct tape (this doesn't work as a condom before you get that idea) Gently tap the seal in with a rubber mallet, working your way around, hit opposite sides to get it started and then gentle taps within close proximity of each other until its where you wanted.
I am by no stretch downgrading the tools, but the first time I had to do fork seals I couldn't afford the tools listed by Jackson so I had to improvise :thumb: I still do it this way simply because I know how, my forks don't leak either :thumb:

luckiest bastard on earth:thumb:

i finally did it and it was nasty. it was really easy to do though.
here is a pic of the chunks of old oil i found inside
nass.jpg
:shocked: